“They rented our room out -- with our stuff still in it. Then claimed we had overstayed even though prepaid via Hotwire.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

The night manager was rude and accused us of overstaying. When we asked for our luggage, he said he didn't know where it was. When pressed, he sent us to the room with security (at 1 am). The new guest appeared NAKED at the door and proceeded to hand our clothes out item by item. We never had the opportunity to see what might have been overlooked....like the powercord for the laptop, the razor in the shower, etc.

The room was nice enough and had an LCD TV. The hallway carpet was awful. I'm not sure how you can prevent the double-booking that they did to us. It was an absolutely awful experience to come back at midnight to find you had no luggage and no place to stay--- especially when you had pre-paid for 5 days w/ Hotwire.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveSDCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

Set up reservation 25 days in advance and called to be sure to get backside quiet room since had to be there for the week on business ----sleep required!!! Got there to find had been given frontside 2nd level room directly even with Interstate 10. Room was vibrating from traffic and was in room 10 min. before returning to desk to get another room. Told that is all we have and take it or leave it and will NOT refund your money!!!!!!! Very Hateful!!!!
Holiday Inns Hospitality policy means nothing and it is screw the customer. Our corporate policy has been changed to NOT stay at any Holiday Inn any where and this takes in about 150 regular business travelers just in Texas.
Use Hampton Inn and they will fix problems or refund your money.
David Vernon RPh

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
12 Thank Stormie1
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and I went through El Paso on the way to Carlsbad Caverns and stopped at the Holiday Inn. It is very convenient to the airport and the interstate; however, this hotel seemed in bad need of an update. It looks like this was an old motel that they built around and converted to a hotel. Some of the rooms open to the outside and some open to the inside of a building. The room itself was okay – it was large and the bed was comfortable. However, the carpet and curtains were both stained and it just felt very old and dirty. When passing through my husband and I often look for Holiday Inn because usually you get a nice room at a fair price. However, I would probably pass on this one next time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lojo34
SpiritofElPaso, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feedback. You are correct that we were a smaller hotel that expanded over the years. I am pleased to announce, however, that we have been undergoing some major renovations to bring the hotel back to the level that our guests expect. You mentioned that some of our rooms had an exterior corridor. While we have already enclosed two corridors, the remaining 41 rooms will be enclosed by Labor Day. We will install new doors, windows, insulation for sound, and wallpaper. Since you have stayed, we have also renovated the entire lobby, nightclub, and are getting ready to start on the restaurant. Individual guestrooms will receive a renovation this fall. Thank you again for your feedback and I would like to ask you to reconsider staying here during your next trip through El Paso.
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

Me and my husband just completed a 4 day stay. The room was very large as it is called a mini-suite. It was clean but the carpet had some stains and needs to be replaced. It is an older hotel. The rooms need renovating but for the price I paid, it was acceptable. and comfortable. The rooms are not plush but are adequate. The bed and room were always clean and I am very particular when it comes to this! Me and my husband went to the night club-Teddy's Lounge, which is in the hotel one night while there. They had live mexican music which was great but it was very crowded there. It is a local hot spot! The hotel also had a duo performing live in the main lobby who were Excellent! Not many people were aware that they were performing and it was great to sit there, have a drink and watch the performance. It was truly the highlight of my stay. There is a bar in the lobby which was open only one day while I was there and that was the night that the live music was being played. The hotel had a tequila tasting party but I was unable to attend. The drinks at the bar were good and reasonable. The exercise room is small but adequate. We ate breakfast twice at the restaurant in the hotel. It is buffet style. Get them to make you an omelet as they are great!! There are also several restaurants in close proximity and the airport is close by.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mihu08
I know you said your stay here was "acceptable", but I thought I would let you know of some improvements that have been happening. Since your departure, we have renovated the entire lobby, nightclub, fitness center, and pool area. We have installed new carpet and wallpaper in all corridors in the main building. We are completing a project to enclose any rooms that opened to the outside before and are going to be doing a major renovation to our adjacent building. If you thought we were ok before, come check us out again!
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

The carpet and the room in general were not clean. In the morning ,my husband saw an area around the bed cover that looked like someone had been sick. The service in the hotel restaurant was so slow that all the patrons were looking at each other wondering if they were ever going to be served. Like us, they were too tired to fight the frreeway traffic to find another place to eat or stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DottyNC
I apologize we failed in so many areas during your stay, but I would like to let you know how much work we have been doing to correct things in the previous months. While we have addressed cleanliness issues with the appropriate members of the staff, we have also invested in the product, choosing to renovate almost every public area possibly. By Labor Day, we will have enclosed every corridor that had rooms facing the outside. That project alone will make the hotel much cleaner and quieter. I do not know when your travels will take you through El Paso again, but I hope you will consider our hotel when you do.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Overall this hotel was nice enough. You could tell that it is an older hotel that has been updated. The exterior wall consisted of a window with curtains. My door had to be pulled hard in order to shut completely. The room itself was spacious. The wired internet did not work, but wireless worked fine. Bathroom is spacious. Beds were comfortable. Though breakfast was offered daily, I did not participate in it. My only major complaint was that my room was right above the bar/nightclub and the music blared until late at night. There was no escaping the noise and "feeling" the music unless you had earplugs. I would recommend that if you stay in this hotel, you request that your room is not on the second floor above the nightclub.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer D
It's true that we have a very busy nightclub and that there are a few select rooms directly above it that can experience some noise. I did want you to know, however, that the hotel has been undergoing a number of renovation projects since your departure that you might like to know about. Not only have we renovated the lobby, nightclub, and fitness center, but we have also installed new carpet and wallpaper in all corridors in the main building. By Labor Day, we will have enclosed all corridors that currently have rooms opening up to the outside. By doing so, it will make those rooms much quieter and cleaner. When coming through El Paso next time, check out the improvements. I think you will like them!
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

There was nothing that stood out with the exception of the unexpected large room. It was like a studio apartment, little couch to sit on, table with four chairs, mini fridge, great TV. So the accommodation was wonderful, but the service was very average and maybe it was cause I arrived at night, and while it is very close to the airport I still got very confused trying to find it. I had written down the wrong address apparently and found the wrong Holiday Inn in central El Paso (stupid me) and then had the most difficult time finding this right off the interstate. It's like on a service/secondary road (Gateway Blvd) parallel to the Interstate but for me it was confusing to get to it. There is a mall close by and everything you could ever need, if not on Gateway is on Montana Blvd a short drive away. I ended up eating at a Village Inn close by, as I was scared to venture out too far for fear of getting lost again. It was a rather unmemorable meal, but I believe that's expected for Village Inn. Downtown was an easy 10-15 minute stroll down the Interstate, I just lacked the confidence and energy to attempt the trek. All in all, a comfortable place, if only lacking in the friendliness of the place.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo