Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
North Carolina
“absolutely filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

The carpet and the room in general were not clean. In the morning ,my husband saw an area around the bed cover that looked like someone had been sick. The service in the hotel restaurant was so slow that all the patrons were looking at each other wondering if they were ever going to be served. Like us, they were too tired to fight the frreeway traffic to find another place to eat or stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DottyNC
SpiritofElPaso, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
I apologize we failed in so many areas during your stay, but I would like to let you know how much work we have been doing to correct things in the previous months. While we have addressed cleanliness issues with the appropriate members of the staff, we have also invested in the product, choosing to renovate almost every public area possibly. By Labor Day, we will have enclosed every corridor that had rooms facing the outside. That project alone will make the hotel much cleaner and quieter. I do not know when your travels will take you through El Paso again, but I hope you will consider our hotel when you do.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Overall this hotel was nice enough. You could tell that it is an older hotel that has been updated. The exterior wall consisted of a window with curtains. My door had to be pulled hard in order to shut completely. The room itself was spacious. The wired internet did not work, but wireless worked fine. Bathroom is spacious. Beds were comfortable. Though breakfast was offered daily, I did not participate in it. My only major complaint was that my room was right above the bar/nightclub and the music blared until late at night. There was no escaping the noise and "feeling" the music unless you had earplugs. I would recommend that if you stay in this hotel, you request that your room is not on the second floor above the nightclub.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer D
It's true that we have a very busy nightclub and that there are a few select rooms directly above it that can experience some noise. I did want you to know, however, that the hotel has been undergoing a number of renovation projects since your departure that you might like to know about. Not only have we renovated the lobby, nightclub, and fitness center, but we have also installed new carpet and wallpaper in all corridors in the main building. By Labor Day, we will have enclosed all corridors that currently have rooms opening up to the outside. By doing so, it will make those rooms much quieter and cleaner. When coming through El Paso next time, check out the improvements. I think you will like them!
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

There was nothing that stood out with the exception of the unexpected large room. It was like a studio apartment, little couch to sit on, table with four chairs, mini fridge, great TV. So the accommodation was wonderful, but the service was very average and maybe it was cause I arrived at night, and while it is very close to the airport I still got very confused trying to find it. I had written down the wrong address apparently and found the wrong Holiday Inn in central El Paso (stupid me) and then had the most difficult time finding this right off the interstate. It's like on a service/secondary road (Gateway Blvd) parallel to the Interstate but for me it was confusing to get to it. There is a mall close by and everything you could ever need, if not on Gateway is on Montana Blvd a short drive away. I ended up eating at a Village Inn close by, as I was scared to venture out too far for fear of getting lost again. It was a rather unmemorable meal, but I believe that's expected for Village Inn. Downtown was an easy 10-15 minute stroll down the Interstate, I just lacked the confidence and energy to attempt the trek. All in all, a comfortable place, if only lacking in the friendliness of the place.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank idreamofeuropa
edwards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

My husband and i went to El Paso for a weekend getaway and had the best trip we have had since mexico.The staff was very friendly and welcoming.We never had to leave the hotel!They had a pool, resturants and a bar.the atmosphere was very rich and colorful.we had a GREAT! time and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ecriddle
So Glad to hear you enjoyed. We have been doing some majoy renovations since you left though so come see us again. It's the same fun atmosphere, but with a better product to enjoy while you are here!
COLORADO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

Lots of activties daily,free wi-fi and great energy,Not your typical boring Hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank USA677
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

We decided to break up our trip through Texas because we were traveling with a young child. This hotel is practically on top of the freeway. The pool was being remodeled. The grounds are in serious need of an overhaul. The rooms are fair to midland with old furniture and rust on the shower ceiling. Just keep on driving.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank vacasoon
My apologies for the unfortunate experience you had while here. I know there were some concerns about the perceived level of disrepair in certain areas so I thought I would let you know what we have been up to since you left. We totally transformed our old courtyard pool into a beautful park-like setting. We have enclosed two corrdidors that had rooms opening up to the outside and will complete the rest by Labor Day. This project includes new doors, standard size windows, and insulation from the sound. We have installed new carpeting and wallpaper in all corrdidors in the main building and will be transforming our adjacent building later this year. Lobby and Fitness Center have also been renovated. Restaurant and individual guestrooms will follow this fall. I realize you had a challenging experience here, but I encourage you to give us another look next time you are in town.