“Good Value and Good Hospitality”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came into town last weekend for the OU/UTEP football game and were pleasantly surprised at the hospitality and service. Carina allowed us to change from a double bed room to a king bed upon request. The rooms were very comfortable and cool at night. It was a little bit maze like, but we weren't going too many places, so we found our way around easily. My husband was impressed with the options in the gym area and even found a way to get his workout in! :) This hotel isn't too far from the airport and nice and convenient off I-10.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bcliles13
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was amazing! I almost felt like I was staying in a cool desert resort. Other hotels I have tried in the area seemed so cold and cookie cutter. This was a breath of fresh air and the friendliness of the staff was appreciated. Be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ktravel91
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Breakfast is great, Jorge will take care of you at the bar, and the shuttle service is convenient for mall, casino, or airport trips. Request a first floor stay if you are afraid of the maze. Make sure you take advantage of the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ciibii
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's true that it's sort of maze for hotels. I stayed 5 times at this hotel. It's close to airport and most importantly, it's close to mall and outlet, which makes my weekend stay not so dull. The front desk and drivers are very nice~

Room Tip: Better choose a room near to lobby, that makes you not so easy to get lost^^
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Spring L
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed for one night on our way from Madera Canyon Az. to San Antonio and then for 2 nights on our way from San Antonio to Santa Fe. We selected this motel because of it's proximity to the freeway and indeed, access was quite easy. While not impressed with the general layout (kind of reminded me of a maze) the rooms themselves were very clean and quite adequate , the beds were quite comfortable and at no time did we feel insecure (we never leave valuables in the car). Freeway noise was not a problem (the dog barking next door could have been but was not) and we had no problem keeping the drapes closed. As mentioned in other reviews, we found a problem with the shower taps but this was quickly resolved. Access to a bar was greatly appreciated after a long drive and there are some great restaurants on the other side of the freeway (Barrigas on Sunland Park Drive is one). I have to agree with other reviewers that having internet access in the bar area is rather distracting. We did appreciate the Managers Happy Hour Thursday evening. The staff, from Liz on were fantastic. The only negative comment I can make is about the grounds. Someone needs to walk around once in a while and make sure that the odd bits of garbage are picked up.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They should train other hotels in "hospitality". Lobby was nice and updated, exercise room was spacious with good equipment, lobby bar was comfortable. The layout of the hotel is a little odd with multiple buildings and somewhat of a maze to find the stairs to the second floor and then to find your room.
The rooms appeared to have been remodeled and current. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an easy walk from the lobby.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KCMO_JC
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time I go back it's like coming home. I am always greeted by name and with a smile. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that is traveling to El Paso.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso East
Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso-Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park? Share your experiences!