Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time I go back it's like coming home. I am always greeted by name and with a smile. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that is traveling to El Paso.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Debi L
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Was passing through El Paso on business and had arranged a night at the HI Sunland off of I-10. It appeared to be an older HI that had been remodeled in recent years to bring it up to today's HI standards. They did a good job with the remodel but the rooms are somewhat smaller than todays new ones. It is right off of the interstate in a very busy section of town and near a huge shopping mall. There was lots of traffic. The rooms are exterior and face the road so there was road noise. The hotel seemed full and there were lots of noisy kids in the pool and running around the corridors. My room was non-smoking but it seemed lots of guests stood on their balconies and smoked which came in through the AC. They did have a nice looking restaurant and bar. The business center was basically in the bar so if you needed that for some business reason you would be in the bar with big TV's blaring. Due to the busy city area I was somewhat leary of leaving anything in my car. There were several safety messages posted around about not leaving valuables around. The whole area had that uncertain feeling. The room had a nice large flat screen TV, a mini fridge and microwave. Some parts of the room were a bit worn. The staff at check-in were very nice and helpful. Overall a typical somewhat older HI. I would likely not stay here again as I would want something in a less busy part of town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pirateparrot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear pirateparrot,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I Stayed at this location and the staff was wonderful. Joey checked my friend and me in and he the very sweet and personable. Liz checked us out and was very knowledgeable of the area and was very kind. The room was clean and the room service was fast and the prices were very reasonable. They have an excellent blue cheese burger and the bar tender made us some great drinks.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were met by an enthusiastic staff member who not only checked us in but personallyl escorted us to the new, beautiful fitness room. She also gave us the full run down on the restaurant and bar. We could see that the lobby was a great place to congregate and watch a game on TV. The feel of the place is welcoming and it is well located if you need to be on the West side of El Paso. It is very close to the Coronoado and Upper Valley. You can also make a nice day trip from here to Old Mesilla and Las Cruces. It is also reasonably close to UTEP, if that is what brings you to EP. On the negative side, the rooms have window units to provide air conditioning and heat. These are quite noisey and insure that you will never have a quiet experience in this hotel. If you shut the units completely off, you will hear the I-10 noise. What's worse is that the curtains don't close completely and the hotel has bright neon lights outside each window. All it would take to close these curtains completely is to add some magnets to the edges of the curtains and then they could be snapped tightly closed. Another problem is that the faucets--shower and sink-- do not indicate which direction is hot and cold. You would assume that left is hot and right is cold but we could not get hot water. When we called the front desk, they said that some of the faucets have been installed backwards. Even when we got the instructions -- the water took 5-6 minutes to heat up. This is ridiculous --especially when the room comes with the standard request that we not ask for daily towel changes in order to save water consumption. With these gripes included, I have tried other West side hotels and I am afraid that this is the best EP has. The owners should upgrade the facility to match the high quality of the personnel it has on site. If the rooms were as great as the staff, this place would sparkle.

Room Tip: 6205 is a split level room with an upstairs and downstairs. If you don't like stairs, avoid thi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aliceceil
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We were not in El Paso for sightseeing--instead to just visit family. We have family on both the east and west side of the city. This location was excellent for us as the HI is near I-10, easy on/easy off. It was clean, and staff members were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My experience with Holiday in sunland park has been excellent. They are truely a home away from a home. All staffs were so great. I have a lot of time with them and get to know them personally. They tried to make your stay as comfortable as they can. Restaurant staffs, Bartender (Jorge and others ),. Chef (Roslando and others ), and Front Counter staff (Elizabeth and others), drivers, and housekeeping staffs are one of the best. I cannot complain anything about their service. I enjoy stay it at this place. Two thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: good internet connection
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel about 100 nights in the past two years. The staff is very attentive to detail, they make it a point to learn your name and habits, and are always friendly and cooperative. The rooms are very good - maid service always does a great job. The pool and hot tub are open all year round and kept in great shape. Workout facilities are top notch, room service is always prompt and the food is good.

Manager's reception on Tuesday evening is always a good time. Luis and Thelma take great care of you in the morning for a quick breakfast before work, and Jorge knows what you want to drink in the evening before you even ask. If you have any issues at all, just ask for Elizabeth. She treats all guests in a very courteous and professional manner and can accomplish any seemingly impossible to routine task with amazing efficiency.

I highly recommend this hotel - you won't be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Ask for good wireless room - some are better than others.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business