We were met by an enthusiastic staff member who not only checked us in but personallyl escorted us to the new, beautiful fitness room. She also gave us the full run down on the restaurant and bar. We could see that the lobby was a great place to congregate and watch a game on TV. The feel of the place is welcoming and it is well located if you need to be on the West side of El Paso. It is very close to the Coronoado and Upper Valley. You can also make a nice day trip from here to Old Mesilla and Las Cruces. It is also reasonably close to UTEP, if that is what brings you to EP. On the negative side, the rooms have window units to provide air conditioning and heat. These are quite noisey and insure that you will never have a quiet experience in this hotel. If you shut the units completely off, you will hear the I-10 noise. What's worse is that the curtains don't close completely and the hotel has bright neon lights outside each window. All it would take to close these curtains completely is to add some magnets to the edges of the curtains and then they could be snapped tightly closed. Another problem is that the faucets--shower and sink-- do not indicate which direction is hot and cold. You would assume that left is hot and right is cold but we could not get hot water. When we called the front desk, they said that some of the faucets have been installed backwards. Even when we got the instructions -- the water took 5-6 minutes to heat up. This is ridiculous --especially when the room comes with the standard request that we not ask for daily towel changes in order to save water consumption. With these gripes included, I have tried other West side hotels and I am afraid that this is the best EP has. The owners should upgrade the facility to match the high quality of the personnel it has on site. If the rooms were as great as the staff, this place would sparkle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full-service hotel located in El Paso's west side. Minutes away from El Paso International Airport, Fort Bliss, The University of Texas at El Paso, and tons of shopping. Free breakfast is always included with your stay as well as 24-hour shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & i-10 w. Hotel El Paso
- Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland And i-10 w.
- El Paso Holiday Inn