Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I came to El Paso on a brief research trip and stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunland. It was a good experience - the room wasn't especially fancy, but it was clean and had all the necessary amenities. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. If I had a complaint, it would be the location - it's not a place you can stay without a car, and even if you do have one, it's not exactly central. Aside from that, though, my experience here was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

We love hearing from our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. While we are located on the West side of El Paso, it is important to note that we are only 16 miles from the Airport and are located directly across from many stores, restaurants and the Sunland Park Mall. In addition, we have a complimentary shuttle Monday - Friday from 6am - 10pm, and on the weekends from 7am-10pm., plus pick up from the airport. We cover a 7 mile radius, which is not "set in stone" - so if you do not have a vehicle, we can accomodate most travelers requests.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and if I can help with anything during one of your stays, please feel free to contact me directly!

1-915-33-2900

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The food was quite also quite good. I was very impressed with the friendly and helpful service of the staff. (Ricky was exceptional.) However, the men's bathroom in the conference room area had a strong odor. With a little more care in that particular bathroom, I could probably rate the property as excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I lifted the mattress in the first room to check for bedbugs and found a nasty huge stain on the underside. They'd clearly flipped it rather than replacing. The next room they were going to give me was suddenly not available because of an "incident" requiring special cleaning. The third room I got keys to and went to meetings before it was clean. When I arrived in it late that night, I was greeted with a disgusting smell that is either mildew/ mold or some bizarre cleaning solvent. Nasty. And no windows to open, and the door goes to the outside, so I had to just breathe it in. The work station was situated such that the back of the chair was hard up against the end of the bed when sitting at the desk. No pushing back to get out - had to swivel sideways, get out, then move chair. Not a reasonable working situation. This is not a reasonable hotel at any price for a business traveler. I'm sure they would have moved me to yet another room if I'd asked, but I'd seen the map - all the non-adjoining rooms would have the same impossible desk, and what would the nasty factor be in the next one? Nice staff but I will not return to this hotel. Although the Philadelphia downtown Holiday Inn was nastier, it wasn't by much.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
rpenceElPaso, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

The great thing about Trip Advisor is that we get to hear how we are doing - so we sincerely do appreciate your review. While it is difficult to hear that we failed to provide the great product and service that we are known for - we take every comment to heart and do everything in our power to correct it. As soon as we saw your posting, we called our managers and housekeeping department together to discuss and review our procedures. I can assure you that all of us here at Holiday Inn Sunland Park are committed to our guests and to their satisfaction.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope that we may have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

1-915-833-2900

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Hotel is nice for the price, clean and comfortable, staff is very helpful, but when it comes to management... this is the worst I have ever had to deal with... NEVER hold and event here, if your event is after office hours and you face an issue, you won't get them to respond, they leave all the issues to the staff, management can't even respect a written contract.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Again, our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your event. As soon as I received your email last week (and had responded) we brought our team in to discuss where we had not provided the service or request that you expected. We really do appreciate all Trip Advisor reviews and comments because they provide us with feedback that helps us to be better. As per my email, it is our sincere hope that we can have you back in the near future so we can show you the quality service we are known for. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.

915-833-2900

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I just stayed for 2 nights, Sept 2011, here and I was seriously impressed. Honestly I don't ever book Holiday Inn - this was more like a Marriott.

The rooms are average but clean, flat screen, and most importantly room service. We had a club sandwich and fries and it was excellent.

The staff is AMAZING. I came with a family member for a medical procedure and w encountered several medical problems while there. The staff was so helpful...shuttle to and from medical office, Walgreens for prescriptiins, restaurants for food, etc. Edgar is a maintenance guy there and since the shuttle persin wasn't available he even stepped up and drove me out for food. Also the dining area went out of their way to make a couple things off the menu as my niece was ill.

The pool area is nice and relaxing with loungers.

Location is great...mall across street, PF Changs, and many other chain restaurants.

Overall, if I ever ended up back in El Paso I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The staff deserve a round of thanks! great job.

• Stayed: September 2011
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff at our next luncheon.
If you do come through here again-please let me know-we would love to meet you!

Thanks for staying with us!

Robin Pence-GM
1-915-833-2900

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Descent room rate - comfortable bed - quiet room- clean bathroom - all employees very nice & helpful - good breakfast buffet - was charged incorrectly for in room movie but was assured it would be corrected when management arrived .

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The night manager Ricky and his assistant Carrina were very knowledgeable and professional. They always had a smile on their faces and resolved any problems I had in a timely manner. Their professionalism was a direct reflection of the female day time manager. She is very efficient and does a good job of hiring professional staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business