“Well-run property, great for kids and business/transit”

Wyndham EL Paso Airport Hotel and Water Park
Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Doha, Qatar
“Well-run property, great for kids and business/transit”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed at the Wyndham Airport twice in August on combined business/family holiday trips. Both great stays in clean rooms with helpful staff. This is the closest hotel to the airport (a 3-minute walk away), and thus not cheap by El Paso standards as you pay for convenience, but it's a good value. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years (it was previously a Hilton property) and Wyndham has much improved on what had been an aging and overall mediocre Hilton. The pool/waterslide are the best at any El Paso hotel (I noticed some kids there who didn't seem to be hotel guests, probably enjoying "free summer pool fun," but it wasn't a big deal). Complimentary internet-equipped computers with printing is a big benefit and saved me a lot of time. Breakfast at the restaurant is decent, not gourmet but no complaints. Guest laundry facilities were very helpful. Overall, a great base to do business from or recharge with the family for travels elsewhere. First-floor suites are excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Nellsh75
dlowrance, Manager at Wyndham EL Paso Airport Hotel and Water Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Wyndham El Paso Airport. As a return guest I am pleased to hear that again we did not disappoint. As you did mentioned, we were previously a Hilton, but we are extremely proud of our Wyndham improvements. Thank you for your kind comments.

dlowrance@wyndham.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bologna
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Great Value for Money.
Room very large, clean and with every comfort.
Breakfast is not included, but if you have the chance to get it (high cost:15 $ I think), go sure for it. It's great, with a lot of fresh fruit and a great service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marco R
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport and highlighting our large clean rooms, huge breakfast buffet & great service.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was giving my mom my car. I live in Dallas; my mom in San Diego. We were taking my car on the long trek and ended up stranded 50 miles East of El Pasco. A rock did major damage to the car - no phone signal, no police, no one would stop! Eventually we got help and 9 hours later in the hot 105 degree weather we landed with my car at the dealer and at the Marriott for a room. Sold out. Called the Wyndham at the Airport. Sold Out. But Orlando at the front desk was able to juggle the reservations to allow us a place to sleep. It was a l o n g day for my 85 year old mom. We ended up staying 2 days. What an oasis! The customer service could not be better. Everyone ended hearing our story and were extremely gracious. Food was wonderful and accommodations, for the price, could not be better. Although every staff member could not have been more friendly, it is Orlando that made us feel like we were staying in his home, not only expert in all things hotel but a fab travel guide for El Pasco with great history, accommodates shuttles so we could see a little of the city as we get over the shock of the car! As devastating as this stay was, it was a great respite to get us back on the road again. Five Stars to Wyndham at the Airport!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TPalmer_11
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. What an ordeal you and your mother had to endure! I am pleased to hear that in the middle of that you were able to enjoy a couple of days with us. A 'home away from home' is ultimately what we strive for & I am pleased to hear that the staff, especially including Orlando, did that for you. Thank you for your kind comments & hopefully we see you again soon - under better circumstances of course.

Alabama
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Spent a week there. It is a mid level hotel. You get a suite with 2 rooms, refrig and MW. TVs are 19" old kind with crumby remotes. They have a nice pool with a slide - good for kids. Breakfast buffet was OK. Fruit good / Eggs OK. In walking distance of airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay somewhere else for the price ($101).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cluner
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer as well as a friendly & helpful staff.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I just arrived at the hotel after a nine hour trip and - much to my chagrin - found that my luggage strap had broken. I was forced to carry my bag like a super-sized football which was not going to be sustainable over airport length distances the next day. I asked at the front desk whether they might be able to help me rebuild the handle strap with some twine or wire. Luis from maintenance, an extremely courteous man, dug up a couple of metal rings which he helped fashion into a workable solution until I could get some more permanent repairs made. Not that I expect anybody else to have this sort of problem upon arrival, but it was a pleasure to discover that the staff was friendly, resourceful and fast and I suspect that those attributes extend more broadly, and not just to luggage repair.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport & for taking the time to recognize one of our employees. We truly believe that outstanding customer service makes all the difference. Our priority is to assist our guests in any way possible & to hear that Luis took the time to fix your luggage strap shows just that. Thank you for your comments.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel to take advantage of their pools. Unfortunately, the pool rules were so strict it was hard to enjoy the pool. Even though the weather had been 95 or above for weeks the water was cold. The room was big but we found hairs and bugs in the beds and bathroom. We could hear through the walls and we kept receiving late night calls with no one on the other end. Even though its convienent to the airport I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank momof2boysEP
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. Our goal is to not only provide an outstanding stay but to protect the safety & security of all our guests. Unfortunately in regards to the pool & slide we have to follow certain rules & guidelines, for example height restrictions & the number of occupants per room. I apologize for the noise issues & phone calls as that is not typical of this hotel. I would hope that you would give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

USA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Was in El Paso for a week on short notice and needed a place to stay. I normally stay at the Radisson or Marriott at the airport, but this time I could not get a room at either.
Upon reading hotel management responses on Trip Advisor, I decided to give the Wyndham El Paso a try. Management responses usually show concern for how the facility is maintained. The Wyndham at El Paso airport did not disappoint!
Great location, you can walk to the airport terminal in less than 2 minutes on a sidewalk. Excellent pool area (even with light construction going on) with a very large water slide (Texas Tornado) and separate kiddy pool. Wish the bar area would have been opened though. Workout room is a tad small but does have equipment that most others lack (Arc trainers and dumbbell rack helped to keep me active). I inquired about local gym guest passes and the desk person said that they did previously but that there was really no gym close to the hotel so they didn't offer passes anymore.
Stayed in an out-room and had no issues with noises except for one night when the A/C cycled off and some folks down below were out drinking and talking pretty loud. After about 5 minutes someone from the staff told them to keep it down and I went back to sleep. No more noise problems the entire week. Hint: Keep the A/C running wide open and unless you are a very light sleeper you should be just fine.
Free breakfast buffet was also very good for this level of hotel (think Hilton Garden Inn of Courtyard). Good selection and friendly wait staff. The meat on the buffet was "really' meat, unlike other hotels were the sausage is spongy. A waffle maker would be a good addition, although guests tend to leave the area messy.
I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Turn on A/C to minimize noise disruptions