“Problems with Flies and Other Things”

La Quinta Inn El Paso Cielo Vista
Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our room was full of flies - 5 or 6 of them. We spent a good 30 minutes getting rid of them.

The electrical cords were all unplugged and none of the lights or equipment worked. The manager came and plugged them back in (they are hidden behind the bed and difficult to get to).

A layer of dust and dirt was showing above the doorway.

A long hair was in the bath tub. There was mold around the tub.

A chunk of ceiling (about 9x9 inches) was gone from the ceiling. More to come?

The handle on the faucet was extremely loose. I fixed it.

The pop machine took my money and didn't return any product. The manager refunded the money so quickly that it made me think that this happened all the time.

The breakfast area was dirty. The floor around the waffle station was filthy. The cereal area and dispensing equipment were dirty. No fruit. The eating area was in the lobby so people coming and going walk right through the tables. No newspapers available at 7am.

Reception was excellent. The person on duty was friendly and helpful. This is what keeping me from rating this as a 1.

We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing I-10 get all the noise from the highway directly but the air conditioners will drow...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn El Paso Cielo Vista

A TripAdvisor Member
Marfa, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I got me a king size bed for my wife my pet and myself at a great price. Restaurants right next door Andale restaurant was "AWESOME" Saturday night good food and club night was great at Andale excellent music. Right off the Interstate but if you ask for a room in the back it's even better no noise. Just up the street is a Wal Mart open 24 hours go shoping and then go to the Cielo Vista mall and movie theaters to catch a movie. I will always stay here for my weekend getaways or what ever.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had to book a last minute one night hotel room for my family and I this week. Really regret to have picked this hotel. I had requested a non-smoking room and the one they gave us smell horrible. I requested to change rooms and the front desk clerk was kind enough to give us another room. No smell this time but they definitely have some water leaks issues. The carpet was wet in the corner of the room with the bathroom next to it. Very unpleasant specially having a 22 month old in the room. Bathroom wasn't very clean. Dirty small pool. Since it was only one night to take a flight back to Florida we decided to stay but I hated it. Expend the extra money for a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Light above sink not working. Shower curtain not the right size for the tub, it barely reaches the top of tub. Table in room (221) very wobbly, I expected it to topple over when I put my duffle bag on it.

Part of the reason we selected this hotel was the pool/hot tub. Turns out they are being "remodeled". I used quotes because they appear to have been defunct for quite some time (lots of dirt and lounge chair in empty pool) and there doesn't seem to be ANY work going on to "remodel" them.

That being said, the room appears clean and for the money is not a bad choice.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The price was $62-65 per night for a 2 bed room. It was dirty and run down - seemed like it should have been a $35 room. I have stayed in other La Quintas and it really surprised me that they have hotels like this. The door jam and weather stripping were falling apart. The chairs were filthy and and had large rips. The walls were dirty and in need of cleaning or maybe painting. The sink dripped on the floor splashing me feet when I used it - and it has been this way for a while because the tile is stained from it. The bathroom fan was obnoxiously loud - looked really old. The bathtub would not drain fast enough and filled with water during my showers. Carpet had big stains. The room had a bit of a smell to it - kind of like hair spray or something? The shower tile grout was dirty and looked to me like it was moldy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo