As you walk in the front lobby, your first impression is of an old beautiful hotel with lots of class. I picture it being that way back in the 70s but nothing has been done to the rooms since then. The television has got be be about 30 years old if not older. The bed sheets are so thin as are the pillows. Worn carpet and the bathrooms are horrible. Concrete floors with awful water stains. Worn towels and not working faucets. We had to turn off the hot water under the sink bacause the water would not turn off from the faucet. Be sure that you take your own hair dryer if you must stay there, because the dryers are awful, first of all they don't dry your hair and when you turn them on, the air coming out smells like burnt hair, yuck!!! The staff at front desk was not very friendly and did not seem to know what to do half of the time. Food was cold in the restaurant and had to wait a long time for breakfast we ordered or coffe refills. I will definiely NOT stay ther again, I would rather stay at a chain hotel, there is a Double Tree a couple of blocks away that is very nice and new, rooms are very nice and new.I am sure that if someone went in there and spent money in remodeling and updating the rooms the hotel could then be a 4 star because the room size is very nice. Only stay there if you don't care what the room looks like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real