I was in El Paso for a wedding and had the pleasure of staying at the Camino Real. I had read some reviews prior to the trip and was afraid I had made a poor choice. What a lovely hotel! And much preferred to a chain. Centrally located (right across from El Paso's art museum and performing arts complex, a couple of restaurants close by as well as Walgreen's and CVS), very accommodating staff, inexpensive overnight parking ($6) and a beautiful lobby/bar area. The Dome is magnificent! My room was clean and well-maintained: small coffee maker in room for that first eye-opener, really nice selection of toiletries (including a razor, shaving cream and toothbrush), great towels (thick and fluffy). With temperatures in the high 90s, was pleased to have very good air conditioning; once the room was cool, it stayed cool. I chose a room rate (under $100) that included the breakfast buffet (valued at approx. $12). The usual fare PLUS green and red chile and biscuits - delish! I highly recommend this hotel for its convenience, charm and value. And now for an editorial comment: If we don't patronize these beautiful old hotels, they'll be gone and replaced with yet another sterile, mediocre version of what we've come to call a hotel (really motels with more than one story), and I believe that would be a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real