Camino Real El Paso
$123
Doubletree.com
$106
Ramada by Wyndham El Paso(El Paso)(Great Value!)
$51
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $59/night.

$76
$99
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$104
Staybridge.com
$87
$79
$110
$74
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I got the chance to stay at the Camino Real in late September of this year.
When I first came across the hotel while searching for a place to stay, I was a bit hesitant about it, since I've never heard of it. I did a quick search of reviews on good old TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was quite impressed with the decor of the lobby and architecture. When I checked in, I had to advise the front desk agent that per the rate I booked (American Express rate) was to include a breakfast. She advised that it was not mentioned in the reservation, so I had to show her via the iPad at the desk for customer surveys. I was told to speak to the clerk at the desk in the morning.
Got to the room and was still impressed with the decor/architecture. Once I entered my assigned room, I did a quick inspection and was impressed with the room size. The bathroom itself, was twice the size of your average hotel bathroom - though it could use better lighting. Light was available over the vanity, but not near the toilet or shower off to the side.
The was the traditional armoire equipped with an older television. I don't know if they plan to update them to newer plasma/LCDs sometime in the future.
The only complaints I had with the room were with the bed (worn mattress and bedding) and carpet (worn and could use a nice steam).
The restaurant was predominately clean and had a good selection for the breakfast buffet. I would have liked to have seen better housekeeping with the serving utensils.
I would like to say, overall, the staff was very welcoming and attentive. And I truly loved the architecture of the building. If they would update the rooms, they would have a beautiful hotel - one which I would love to stay in again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Keizan
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The wine list is gone, the rooms are antiquated, poor television reception, slow wait staff, sit at the bar and wait for a drink. Rusty, smelly water from the tap, loud obnoxious a/c-heater units. General Manager did not respond to my formal complaint.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, the Doubletree is just up the street, costs the same amount of money, is updated and has excellent service.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This property is in a rebuilding area of downtown El Paso and really has a great deal of potential. It is in the National Registry of Historic Places and does have a certain ambience to it. The employees are first class and everything they do is for the comfort and benefit of their guests. However, the rooms need to be upgraded. There are nowhere near enough electric plugs and the lamps are just not bright enough. The rooms are generous in size, but three 60-watt bulbs are not enough to use the computer or read by for a senior adult. I really liked the stay, but just a little updating could really help the Camino Real at El Paso out a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed recently for a night. The lobby, dome bar, and overall ambience of the common areas was great. Dome bar had a solo guitarist covering all kinds of songs and added to the feel of a nice lounge in New York City. The room was large, furniture was quaint but might be considered outdated. The tv needed updating and the bathroom was in major need of renovation. Floor and shower tile was old and i don't think any amount of Clorox could make it look clean. The fitness center was good and had new and decent cardio equipment and universal weight systems. Im glad it is fall as the weather was temperate as I didn't need much of an air conditioner or heater. The thermostat was very old and didn't function all that great. Despite the need of a few updates, i would still go back just for the dome bar alone and have the option of just taking the elevator up to my room.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The price is not exorbitant, our room was large and comfortable with a small tv across the room. The in room internet was out the night we stayed. Lobby internet worked. The AC seemed to have one setting but was just right and the fan did not keep us up. I liked the lobby and the Dome bar stained glass. If you like an adventure this hotel feels good.

• Stayed: November 2012