I got the chance to stay at the Camino Real in late September of this year.
When I first came across the hotel while searching for a place to stay, I was a bit hesitant about it, since I've never heard of it. I did a quick search of reviews on good old TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was quite impressed with the decor of the lobby and architecture. When I checked in, I had to advise the front desk agent that per the rate I booked (American Express rate) was to include a breakfast. She advised that it was not mentioned in the reservation, so I had to show her via the iPad at the desk for customer surveys. I was told to speak to the clerk at the desk in the morning.
Got to the room and was still impressed with the decor/architecture. Once I entered my assigned room, I did a quick inspection and was impressed with the room size. The bathroom itself, was twice the size of your average hotel bathroom - though it could use better lighting. Light was available over the vanity, but not near the toilet or shower off to the side.
The was the traditional armoire equipped with an older television. I don't know if they plan to update them to newer plasma/LCDs sometime in the future.
The only complaints I had with the room were with the bed (worn mattress and bedding) and carpet (worn and could use a nice steam).
The restaurant was predominately clean and had a good selection for the breakfast buffet. I would have liked to have seen better housekeeping with the serving utensils.
I would like to say, overall, the staff was very welcoming and attentive. And I truly loved the architecture of the building. If they would update the rooms, they would have a beautiful hotel - one which I would love to stay in again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real