WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #68 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Albuquerque
“Great finding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Spend a night at this lovely Hotel, lavishly decorated, the food is excellent, and the service is awesome...the flan is a must! The bedroom carpet needs to be changed, but this is a minor detail, that it is easily overlooked. The bathroom hand lotion and shampoo are very pleasant. It is just a few blocks from the border, so it is easy. The mojitos are delicious and the stained glass vault at the bar is worth gazing at.

Room Tip: The room was spacious and clean, although the carpet needs to be changed, but. This is a minor issue...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ismael R, Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are always trying to improve our hotel and all feedback from our guests helps. I'm glad you are pleased

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Camino Real has been around for a very long time..as the 6 generations of my family there in El Paso..i enjoyed my stay there and had no problems. Was clean, everything worked well, the front desk was really nice and polite..have nothing bad to say about it..to all those naysayers..I dont drive when i am on vacation so..i didnt pay for a car in the garage except for one day..close to Juarez where I grew up..so I can go there to see my doctor and dentist, plus do some shopping..only thing bad to say about it was that there were some lose tiles in my room, it was quiet, not outdated..the price is about right..because...I KNOW El Paso..quite well,,my immediate family is still here..and i know about the economy..so will stay here again .definitely..

Room Tip: I really dont know..I will stay here again..!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ismael R, Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are glad you have a positive view on the hotel and we will continue to work to be the best in El Paaso
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I checked in to the hotel on March 16, and the room was very hot. They sent maintenance and then sent me to another room. It was also hot! After moving me five times, I recommended that they just let me stay in the first room. It was hot as heck, but I did not move all night to try and find a breeze somewhere. When I complained to management, they did nothing. They said they would refund my money, but never did. They were very defensive at first and then said they would refund the charges. It never happened. I called American Express and disputed the charged. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you really like it HOT! There is no air condition. They said they were upgrading, but for some reason I did not believe them. It was like CAMPING in the woods!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John G
Ismael R, Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We are sorry you didn't have a positive experience at our hotel. We have made some changes to the hotel and to our air conditioning. Unfortunately it was after you had stayed with us. If you would please contact me at jrrodriguez@crelpaso.com so we can arrange for you to stay with us and show you some of our changes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

In one word: outdated. And that bad kid of outdated, too. Old fixtures that hadn't been taken care of very well. That's overlookable, especially for the price. What I can't overlook is that I paid for a king size bed, and the gave me a room with a queen without telling me. Then, they told me that it was because they ran out of rooms with kings, and when I asked if I would be getting a refund, they told me no, because it's the same price. On top of that, the faucet dripped allllllll night. We actually had to put a towel in the sink just so we could sleep. The only reason I'd go back to the Camino Real is if I'm attending another late night event in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ismael R, Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
First off thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. It is through these comments we can better the overall experience of our guests. We are currently doing some updates on the hotel in general and we will be going into the rooms in the future, as far as a refund on the different room type please email me at jrrodriguez@crelpaso.com so i may assist you with that. I would hate to lose you as a customer because of this, and would appreciate another opportunity to leave you with a lasting positive impression.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed the night here with my wife we were downtown for streetfest last year (2011) anyways the bed was as hard as a rock that a caveman would sleep on, the service was terrible they charged my card 2 times & had to wait for over a month to be reinversed but worst of all a spider or something similiar bit my wife in the middle of the night and she still has a scar on her leg from it i dont recommend this place to sleep terrible waste of money, i should have taken the chance & drove home drunk cause sleeping here was no good!!!

Room Tip: Sleep in the holiday inn by sunland park exit or somewhere else, dont sleep here!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ismael R, Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank yo ufor taking the time to review our hotel. We have made some updates since last year in some areas, we are also always working on the customer service aspect of the hotel. I am sorry you were displeased with your stay and ask to please give us another opportunity to provide the best service and to see for yourself some of the changes made. You can contact me directly at jrrodriguez@crelpaso.com and I will make certain to change your mind about our hotel
Philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Yes, the rooms are a bit quirky, but we had a great stay nonetheless. The Dome Bar is amazing! The surrounding neighborhood was shady, but stay inside! Our rooms were spotless and the beds were fantastic. The corner rooms were huge!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they're huge!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate and welcome all comments, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Staff at this hotel is amazing but other than that, I was underwhelmed. The rooms were dirty and lacked basics such as sufficient electrical outlets. The provided hair blow dryer I swear came from the 70's. The beds were old and uncomfortable and the bathrooms were seriously outdated and I did not feel comfortable even taking a bath. Location wise, it was great. If the staff could be transplanted elsewhere that would be great because they were awesome. The rooms are way over priced, I have stayed in cleaner, nicer, more modern motel 6's. If you are going to stay in El Paso, pay the extra money and stay at the Doubletree. Would not recommend this hotel ever to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tuanadaisy
I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. First off we appreciate the compliments to our staff as we strive to be one of the best hotels in El Paso. We are currently updating parts of the hotel in order to better service our clients. I hope that this experience won't be your last and you give us an opportunity to change your opinion of the hotel. Please contact me directly at jrrodriguez@crelpaso.com and I will personally take care of your arrangments. We look forward to your next stay