“The best steak in El Paso”

The Edge of Texas Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #70 of 1,709 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the best buffalo steak ever, as well as the rib eye. The meat was fresh, cooked perfect, the staff was Awesome explain the menu service was outstanding 5 star treatment. I will defenetly go back, and will tell the whole world about the place

1  Thank sfcaponte

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was close by and far enough off the road to not hear the traffic! Great food and service! Heidi our waitress new a lot about the area and made great suggestions not only food but on where to go. They have a little bar and dancefloor too.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My Dad flew in from Michigan to spend the holidays with us and was a bit hungry after we picked him up at the El Paso Airport so we stopped into the Edge of Texas to get a bite to eat. We were greeted with smiles at the door and immediately seated at a table. Even though they were hosting several holiday parties they had a table ready and we were quickly served. The waitress, Helga, was just great and as pleasant as could be even thought it was very busy and took care of our drink orders while we perused the menu. We ordered the KC Strip, Brisket, and a Filet. My sons wanted a grilled cheese sandwich and fries and even though it wasn't on the menu Helga went and checked with the kitchen who said that they could make a couple especially for them. There was a bit of a wait, which was understandable given the number of parties present, but it was not bad. The steaks were cooked to our requests, medium rare, and the food was hot when served. The kids loved the grilled cheeses they "ginned" up for them and devoured them. The only disappointment was the brisket. It was a bit on the dry side and not very flavorful so I shared my strip with my wife and she enjoyed it immensely. The bill was not too bad given that five of us were eating and the service was consistent. The servers were not obtrusive but they noted when we need a refill or were missing something and acted. Our server Helga even had the musician who was playing that night come over and serenade the boys with some songs. Overall it was a nice evening with good food and great service. All I can say is give the place a try for yourself and don't believe the negative reviews. Happy dining!!!

Date of visit: December 2012
2  Thank Retrofire
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We are regulars here. Unfortunately Mr. Bowen, one of the owners, recently passed away. They raise their own beef and the quality is second to none. You will pay for your meal here, but you will get all you paid for and then some. Great friendly service, excellent food and portions, and the desserts are always homeade and wonderful. Try the texas toothpick appetizer and the soup with the steak in it. Yum.

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have had an opportunity to work near the Edge of Texas for several days. My colleagues and I ate lunch there several times over the past two weeks. The service is consistently very friendly and efficient. The food has been consistently excellent. The prices are reasonable. I haven't had everything on the menu, but we've tried more than half the menu. The petite ribeye for $12.95 with a side is particularly noteworthy. The decor is worthy of a west Texas steakhouse. The place is owned and run by a family who are longtime cattle ranchers in the local area. Go, eat, enjoy.

Date of visit: November 2012