“cleaniness”

Super 8 El paso Airport
Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in El Paso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Edinburg
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Bad costumer service at front desk. The room smelled. It had cockroaches. Super 8 El Paso is bad!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8elpasoairport, Manager at Super 8 El paso Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We have already sent our local fumigation company to fumigate the entire property. Thank you for your review.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were passing through with family and decided to stay at the Super 8. The front desk was very helpful and assisted us in getting a non-smoking room. The beds were clean and comfy and we felt safe here. The breakfast was good too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you excellent review!! We are glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for your service and we hope to see you soon. Thank you!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I received an assignment with my job for El Paso. Since I pay for hotel rooms myself, I shopped for a good rate. But still like to receive breakfast. Now I really enjoyed my stay here. The breakfast was good. My room was clean & comfortable.

I do not know if I will have to go back to this area. Maybe in October, I will return to this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I reserved a room in this hotel because of good commentaries on here. We arrived at around 9pm to check in, and the first impression was not good. The first thing we noticed was an unpleasant smell in the office. Next the attendant at the front desk was slow and appeared distracted. She gave us one key (didn't even ask if we would want two since there were two of us), a map to show us where our room was, and the internet password. I asked for a late checkout and was told that noon was the latest possible (is that even really a late check out?!?) and when I said that our car probably wouldn't be ready until noon and then we would have to come back and pack up, said that it would probably be ok, that just when people stay until 3:00 it gets to be a problem.
We went to our room, and noticed the same smell there, I'm pretty sure it must be the smell of the cleaning liquid they use, because the room was clean. That's pretty much the only plus of the hotel. The room is exactly what you would expect at a Super8.
We settled down and turned on the computer to get on the internet. We used the key that we were given. It didn't work. I called the front desk and was told, "I'm sorry to inform you, but the internet is That surprised me since we had just received the access code a few minutes previously from this very person without mentioning that, but ok, maybe it just happened. "Well, how long do you think it'll be down?" "I don't know, it's been down all day." So, the front desk attendant didn't even bother to mention that the internet was down when she gave us the access code. The internet didn't work the entire time we were there, yet of course there was no deduction in the price.
Finally, sleeping. Neither I, nor my husband slept well. The bed was uncomfortable and so were the pillows. We probably could have slept just as well in the car, but for a LOT less expensive of a stay. This experience has really made me rethink staying at other Super8s on our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience you had experienced but thank you for bringing it up to our attention. We will make nessesary changes to correct these issues. Once again thank you for reviewing us and hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you!