“AMAZING PLACE, BEST HILTON HOTEL EVER”

Homewood Suites El Paso Airport
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is by far the very best hilton property, the homewood suites. FULL kitchens, great updated tv and beds are very comfy. The wood flooring and carpet in these rooms make this a great place to stay. The pool and hottub are protected from wind and dust by the building surrounding it, and that makes it a very comfortable place to stay! Loved it, would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the south side, you can see mountains and juarez mexico at night, looks amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kinzerkevin

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room was nice and clean and nice sized and the staff was very nice and helpful and pleasant to interact with at all times. I was able to book the room w/ my points which was wonderful, at the last minute I needed somewhere to stay in El Paso, so this worked out wonderfully. Breakfast was a nice selection of scrambled eggs, sausage links, bread, oatmeal, cold cereal, hash browns, yogurt and fresh fruit and some other items. The bed is comfortable and adequate towels were provided and the daily service was exceptional. The kitchen has all the basic utensils, pots and pans needed to cook a simple meal, but why cook meals when food is served for breakfast and dinner almost every night. When I checked in I requested a room on the top floor so I would not have to deal with people walking over me, which is a good thing because some other reviews stated they heard the people upstairs, which I did hear the people slam the door underneath me at times so I suspect they could hear me, so I tried to walk softly. :>) ... Overall this was a great value for the monies paid!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the field (back) so that you don't have to deal w/ the noise from the free...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The staff, as with most Hilton properties I've stayed at, were great! The room was extremely clean and had everything we needed for our week's stay. The room had all necessary utensils and extra linen already provided. The breakfast and dinner are both of excellent quality. The gentleman who works there seems to truly enjoy his job. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robyn B
Kellie W, Manager at Homewood Suites El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

We truly appreciate your wonderful comments about our property, and very pleased you had a great experience. We know you have many choices when traveling, and we thank you for choosing to stay with the Homewood Suites Elpaso Airport . We look forward to seeing you again when you head back to Elpaso!

Sincerly,

Kellie Withrow
Homewood Suites Airport
Elpaso, Tx

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member I wasn't given any special perks. No water, no treat. Basically I felt ignored by the staff on this visit. It's my second stay and there was no recognition of any kind. The food mentioned on the menu didn't even sound appetizing so I purchased food for my entire stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank DeobraSolomon
Kellie W, General Manager at Homewood Suites El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your sharing your review of your recent stay with us. As a Hhonors Diamond member, we know you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate your choosing to stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize that you did not receive the level of service you deserve. We work to make every guest feel valued and welcomed from check in to check out and we are sorry to have dropped the ball. I have taken your comments to our team to reiterate the importance of our interactions with guests so that we may be more attentive moving forward. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again so that we may show you the quality service experience you expect and deserve..

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is convenient, the staff was friendly, the room was clean.

I’ve staying a several other Homewood Suites and on a relative basis, this property is weaker than average. The AC unit in our suite was quite loud; the plastic cover was obviously loose and was rattling. I lifted the cover completely off which stopped the noise.

We were on the third floor (of four floors). Basic movements from the room above us were easily noticeable (actually woke me up). Makes me wonder if this property was something else previously…I’ve never had that issue with more recently built Homewood Suites. I’d ask for a room on the fourth floor to avoid that issue.

Room size was surprisingly small compared to other Homewood Suites. Based on the pictures from the website and TripAdvisor, I think we got a smaller than average King Suite.

As noted in other reviews, room location is important. The front of the hotel faces I-10, so rooms facing the front will be noisy, as reported in other reviews. Our room faced the back of the hotel; while the view leaves a bit to be desired (pic attached), it was very quiet and was probably the better location.

The elevator location is a bit odd…in the back of the hotel. Depending on what you prefer, bear that in mind. Probably explains why guests use the back doors as noted in some prior reviews, so beware of that if you get a first floor room in the back.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with eggs, ham, French toast, potatoes, breads/pastries, fruits, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel has everything you need for a medium to long business stay. A free breakfast in the morning and whilst there is no restaurant as such, they do put on a free dinner option each night, which is useful if you have had a long day and don't want to venture out. They will also put some aside for you in your room if you are going to be late back.
Whilst there isn't a bar, there is one in the Hilton Garden Inn which is easy walking distance next door and the room is much cheaper.
The hotel has simple access onto the highway so it's easy to get to most parts of El Paso including Fort Bliss and surrounding areas in less than 10 minutes. Plus, most of the restaurants line the sides of the highway so you will never run out of eating options within easy distance from the hotel. There is also two malls within 10 minutes drive.
The room it self is what you would normally expect from a Hilton family hotel. It's nice to have a separate lounge room from the bedroom as it means you don't have to feel you are living in your bedroom for your whole stay and the kitchenette is quite useful. The Gym is OK with the normal selection of free weights and cardio machines.
So in summary, a useful hotel which covers all the needs of someone who is in El Paso for a few days or longer on business, without costing as much as some of the other Hilton/Marriott/Holiday Inn esq hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mwilliamsUk
Luis S, General Manager at Homewood Suites El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear mwiiliamUk

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel. We were glad to have had you with us for your trip to El Paso. Glad you were able to try out our breakfast and manager's reception. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This was a very nice surprise. New/modern kitchen, sofa, flat screen, comfortable king size bed, separate sink area, closet full of blankets and pillows, very nice shower/tub. We would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was very nice too. A little more than your average run of the mill waffles and cereal found in most hotels.

Room Tip: I really don't think you could get a bad room here. Ours was facing the pool but since it is win...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple