“Wonderful!!!!!”

El Paso Saddleblanket
Ranked #42 of 86 things to do in El Paso
More attraction details
Owner description: The El Paso Saddleblanket Retail Outlet is No Longer Open to the Public. In order to enter our showroom you must present proof of business. El Paso Saddleblanket Company is the World's Largest Southwest Trading Post The wholesale showroom touts one of the widest selections of Southwest and Western crafts in the world, overflowing with Southwest rugs, blankets, turquoise jewelry, Mexico pottery, western purses, Brazilian cowhides, bedspreads, hand-painted artifacts, mounted horns, handwoven baskets, serapes, and much more! Founded by Dusty & Bonnie Henson, they have spent more than 44 years of traveling the globe-trading, buying, manufacturing, wholesaling and designing the best selection of Southwest products available anywhere.
Hamilton, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Loved the experience.Wonderful full range of everyrhing that you can imagine.Have been to Mexico a number of times and have never seen such choices there. The most interesting thing to me is after our visit to this amazing store and some great purchases I saw the same articles else where (including across the border from Yuma) much more expensive.

The staff were very friendly and because I was travelling back to New Zealand the articles were wrapped well and have made it home safely........wished I had bought more.....Well worth a visit if in El Paso......

1 Thank pauanuiblonde

El Paso, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a must!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you are in El Paso, saddle blanket is a staple. One can treat it almost like a musium: lots of Mexican trinkets, native American jewelry, rugs, purses. When I have company from out of town, I always take them to saddle blanket. Lots of affordable gifts, friendly staff. Also owners are active humanize society members and on Saturdays host adsorption fro humaine society.

1 Thank Svetlana H
Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Bought most of my souvenirs here”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place is full of crafts, pottery, blankets, boots, and just about anything else that you could want from Texas/Mexico. Most of their stuff is Mexican themed, but they have many gorgeous pieces. Be careful and read the "Made In" tags to make sure you are getting what you want. I noticed several things that even said Mexican, but were made in China, Indonesia, etc. The prices are pretty reasonable, but some things are definitely over priced. I was here twice during my stay and spent well over what I intended to spend, so I would definitely recommend stopping by to take a look.

Visited July 2012
S��͏D"
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tourist love this place and for good reason.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Any time I have someone visiting for another country and they want to buy something western, I take them to the Saddle Blanket. They are never disappointed, this place has almost everything. Two building with imports from Mexico and Native American crafts. Plus oddities like cow skulls.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CactusLover
blackhawk, ms.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stopped at the store on June 16, 2012. I was impressed with the store. They gave you the feeling that their items were made by native Americans or that it came from Mexico. I bought a belt for ma wife for $70.00, not looking at where it was made thinking everything was native. After coming home I gave the belt to my wife. She thought it was beautiful and then told me it was made in Taiwan. What a let down…

Visited June 2012