“Long-time Customer, recent disappointments”

Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have been staying here twice a month for over three years.
Great front desk staff, quick and helpful (April, Jessica, Michael, Josie)
Breakfast always great with a huge selection (THANKS Connie!)
Managers happy hour (actually 2 hours!) is always a pleasure (THANKS Marianna!)
Rooms always clean, beds comfortable, nice TV, so-so coffee in room, good iron.

Noise from adjacent rooms slamming doors - adjust the closers.
Noise from room above - go to the fourth floor.
Towels are old and rough - time to replace (I've started bringing my own).
Last straw is lack of hot water for the last several months. Complained twice. Still no better.
Elevator last annual inspection was August 2011 - should I be concerned?
I hear the Owner stays here frequently - he doesn't notice this stuff? Special room?

My expectation is that for $100 a night, the accommodation needs to meet or beat my own home.
The staff is fabulous, but the continued cool showers and frequent rude awakenings at night from the noise have caused me to try the #3 rated hotel in town. I'll see how they measure up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SHEILA W, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have had good experience with the property and staff. I do apologize for any inconveniences or doubts that you have regarding the property; as guest satisfaction is our priority. Any hot water issues have been minimal and not affecting the entire hotel. We have already taken measures to correct these few issues. The elevator inspection is current. As bureauracy would have it, sometimes there is a delay in obtaining the certificate and getting it posted before the expiration date; but all inspections and re-certifications are being done in all areas before the expiration due dates. We certainly hope that you will again return to the Wingate, the next time travel brings you to El Paso!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love to stay stay here while on business in El Paso. In fact, everyone from my office stays here. My room has always been clean and the interior is up to date. The room and especilly the bed is so comfortable. I really appreciate the Continential Breakfast that's more than dry cereal and fruit. We can gather in the morning, go over the days schedule and it saves everyone having to leave the hotel first thing in the morning. I always treat myself to waffles and bacon. And I almost forgot to mention the happy hour days where we can unwind over complementary snacks. I recommend staying at Wingate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SHEILA W, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear from guests who truly enjoy their stay with us; the cleanliness of the room, the hot breakfast buffet and the manager's reception in the evening. It sounds like you feel very relaxed and comfortable staying with us.... kind of like home; and that is our goal with each and every guest. My staff and I will continue to work hard to earn your business. Hope to see you again soon at the Wingate El Paso!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Jerome H, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2015

Reviewed January 20, 2013

1  Thank Rebecca S

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wonderful and very clean hotel. I stayed in an accessible room and it was so very easy to get around. Airport transportation was very accommodating. Breakfast buffet had hot waffles with fruit. Couldn't have been better. My husband left his electric razor and they mailed it the next day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking time to write a few comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that we were able to assist you with a comfortable accessible room; transportation; and that we were able to locate your husbands razor and get it back to you timely. I certainly hope that staying with the Wingate will become your second home, next time travel brings you to El Paso! Thanks again!

Reviewed January 15, 2013