“Suite is sweet!!”

Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Midland, Texas
“Suite is sweet!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stay frequently at Wingate by Wyndham but have tried others nearby and by far, get the best value for your stay. I pamper myself and stay in a suite and find it fits me perfectly. The beds are awesome, firm and comfortable, the living area is spacious, and comfort controlled in two areas. The staff is responsive, concerned about your comfort, and have responded to needs quickly. If there were downsides I would have to say, put a spare blanket in the closet, a towel rack near the shower rather than above the toilet across the bathroom, put the light switch in the bedroom near the bed on a different circuit from the entry hall ceiling light (can't turn on/off without the other). The quick breakfast is just ok, fast but ok. Otherwise, I have settled on this location as prime territory!!!

Room Tip: If you don't like highway traffic, try to get a room on the "back side" of the buildin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank secretshopped
EPWingate, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. It is always a pleasure to share such kind words with our staff. They take great pride in their work and it is nice to share the compliments with them. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2011

With my company we move around alot and stay in hundreds of hotels.. Some i have stayed in were not very good... I would like everyone to know the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso is a Fantastic hotel..
Not only is it clean and neat. EVERYONE of the employees have been EXTREMELY nice and professional. I would recommend this hotel to everyone i know if you are looking for a home away from home as the staff here will make you feel like home... And the Manager is a great person that went outta her way to make our stay PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!11

GO WINGATE EL PASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin K
EPWingate, Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you, Kevin for your kind words. It's a pleasure having you stay at our property and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Winchester, Idaho
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Room was very clean and comfortable except for the long ugly hair I found in one of the 2 ceramic coffe mugs. Bed was a little to hard for me but ok. Loved the shower. Unfortunately the hotel is next to the freeway and the rooms arent very sound proof. Had to use the fan to drown out the traffic noise and the sounds of someone walking in the room above me. Nice but small work out room, went down twice to work out but someone was always on the machine I use. Close to alot of stores and food also close to airport.

• Stayed September 2011
EPWingate, Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
I would like to thank Winezperce for staying at our property. Our location is on I-10 along with several other hotels. We get many compliments about the fact that we are centrally located making it easy for our out-of-town travellers to get around. We hope to see you again in the near future.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed just for one nigh. Unfortunately i got one of those rooms on the back of the hotel in the first floor, to my surprise it had see through curtains. That means every time somebody parked in front of my room they could see to the inside. So much for privacy. As my wife and i were relaxing, somebody just walks in to our room. After that i called the front desk and they said something was wrong with the system. I guess i just bad luck that day but overall I really liked the hotel and would stay again. Next time i would just be a little more specific about the location of my room

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bravesFan15
Jerome H, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2015
Dear Guest,

This review is from 4 years ago. Since that time we have undergone an extensive hotel property renovation and are now a Full Service Holiday Inn Hotel known for providing our guest with exceptional service, clean rooms, well maintained amenities and a first class onsite restaurant named Burger Theory. We would love to have you come back to see our changes and give us another opportunity to serve you with excellence!

Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have made four business trips to El Paso this year. I always stay at the Wingate by Wyndham. It is close to the airport but also has easy access to the freeway. They have a wonderful breakfast. I love the Texas shaped waffles! The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I rated sleep quality a four because if your room faces the freeway, it can be a bit noisy. After my first trip I started asking for a room facing away from the freeway and it was much quieter. I highly recommend this hotel. I notice that the airline crews always stay here as well.

Room Tip: Pay in advance and get 20% off.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank texansteve

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stayed there for three nights and had my camera case with it's accessories totaling about $80 stolen the first day! And of course no one will confess. I left my name, number, and description of the stolen items at the front desk and they never even called to say weather it was or wasn't retrieved. And the location is horrible! Don't stay on the left side unless you want to hear roaring traffic from the highway all night and don't stay on the right side if you would like to open your window and see more than a cement wall with graffiti like advertisements across it. And pray you don't get put in the handicap room and someone rings the makeshift doorbell in the middle of the night. It's literally the EXACT same thing as a smoke detector going off. And if you value your life please don't use the toxic hot tub. They put so much chlorine in it you could smell it through the the in the "workout room" and they had to close it. Smh, never going back.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Quotingquotes

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was a quick stop for me while on a road trip to Phoenix. The staff were pleasant and the facilities were neat and clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Zippidydoda22
Dear Guest,

This review was from 5 years ago. Since that time we have undergone an extensive hotel property renovation and are now a Full Service Holiday Inn Hotel known for providing our guest with exceptional service, clean rooms, well maintained amenities and a first class onsite restaurant named Burger Theory. We would love to have you come back to see our changes and give us another opportunity to serve you with excellence!