“Happy but not” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
A TripAdvisor Member
“Happy but not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When my girlfriend and I checked into this hotel we thought it was perfect! We were there to visit our husbands who were getting a short leave prior to deploying over seas. We had decided to share a room the night we came in seeing as our husbands wouldnt be able to join us till the next morning. Surprisingly they were released early and were able to join us the night we flew into the El Paso area. The front desk clerk Tyler was amazing! She had us checked into our single rooms so quick I couldnt believe it was all transfered over and so efficently! We loved that fact that our hotel was away from the main stream of hotels that surround the airport. The only issue we had was with the bar. Our husbands had been having some cocktails at the bar, my girlfriends huband paid for the first rounds, and mine was responsible for the second rounds, when my husband got his bill they charged him double! Not only that but when we tried to explain that the other husband had already paid a portion she told us we were wrong! I was very disconcerning with how rude she was. While the front desk was great and I would stay there again because of that, I would not recommend the bar or the dinning area if that is how they treat their customers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Austin, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff allowed me to check in early, at about 11 am. The hotel's location on campus was perfect, since I was at a campus event and parking would have been a hassle. Nearby, however, is a "main drag" that has several restaurants and stores. The exercise room is nice, with free weights, machines, and exercise balls. I left very early (before 4 am) and called down for my bill. It was ready for me when I walked by 5 minutes later -- and the clerk gave me good directions. Although I was in the hotel for fewer than 17 hours, I'm saying it's very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location near the University of Texas at El Paso. Several restraunts are located in walking distance from the hotel. Also UTEP is next door. The rooms are clean and fresh. The hotel staff are very polite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Kuwells - Thank you for your nice review. I want to assure you that we take our guest comments seriously. We appreciate you taking time to let others know your positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Best Regards
Michelle Kaip
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The best of the hotel is the staff. The personnel always keep excellent attitud and are willing to help you. Rooms are comfortables and clean. The hotel is located in a very calm area. I strongly recommend it.

1 Thank GABINO M
Dear Guest - Thank you for your wonderful review. We are honored to have guests, like yourself, that rate our accommodations and service so high stay with us. Please accept my appreciation in sharing your comments.
Best Regards
Michelle Kaip
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Full Time Business Traveler: This HGI is located, literally, right on the edge of the University. Staying here expect to see plenty of students going to class/foot traffic during the day.
The hotel is an average building, nothing to look at but not displeasing. Parking(fee) is ample though one likely has to park on the parking structure which entails a little bit of an extra walk to the lobby. I recommend pulling up to the main lobby door, check in, take your bags to your room then go park (getting the key will allow the more direct access through the side door near the pool).
This is my second time staying at this HGI. Staff was friendly and helpful both times. The lobby area is nice and the restaurant/lounge area is also nice. The rooms are standard HGI rooms. They certainly are not exquisitely new but they are far from worn (closer to new than worn). All in room items were good (video/audio, environmental controls, bed, bathroom/shower). Location wise there are standard food, starbucks, marketplace very close by, It is not close to the freeway and takes crossing a handful of lights before getting there.

I recommend it. There are options with more to offer downtown and there are multiple airport options. They do have pricing that is slightly above what I consider "value" but not so pricey that I am discouraged. But this is clearly is the best option for this side of town. It provides a solid, warm, comfortable stay and I doubt you would walk away unhappy at all. I give it 3.5 out of 5.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel and it's staff did an amazing job making us feel welcomed and valued! The food was amazing and made to order! Not one staff member that I encountered had a frown. They all greeted you and pampered you to the best of their abilities! As our conference was at UTEP the location was perfect we were able to walk anywhere we wanted or needed to go! Thank you to the staff for making me feel at home!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and need and they will do everything in their power to accommodate!