Stayed here due to UTEP football game/Minerpalooza pep rally for two nights. We live near El Paso and staying here is more convenient than driving and finding game parking. Only about a 15 minute walk to the stadium. My family has stayed here in the past and we have always enjoyed our visits. I reserved way back in February knowing the place usually sells out and my rate was only $89.00.
The lobby was a hub of activity for the football game vs. Oklahoma that weekend. This is literally the closest hotel to UTEP...right next to the student union parking lot. We like the lobby...hotel restaurant/bar is right next to the check in desk. We have had meals here in the past and have enjoyed nice lunches during the week.. The hotel has a nice little breakfast buffet which is very good compared to other hotel continental breakfasts. You pay for this one ($11.95), but it includes so much (standard fare: eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, etc.), but they will also make to order eggs and omelettes. Additionally you can order from a menu. Good service.
This hotel is very close to a large bar/restaurant area of El Paso...everything from fast food to higher end restaurants are within walking distance. Starbucks, Whataburger, Taco Bell, and McDonalds are about five minutes away as well as the campus Jamba Juice and other campus food venues.
The check in was easy and no problem. We had an upper level room. Rooms are nicely decorated with a large flat screen TV, microwave, and fridge included. Toilet/bath area are both separated from sleepign area. Air conditioning worked great, especially on a hot weekend it was appreciated. Room was clean overall and very quiet.
The pool/hot tub is standard but out ot towners must be careful b/c El Paso is at altitude and the sun cooks you faster here, as I'm sure some OK fans found out who stayed at the pool all day.
The only wear I could see was in the hallways...carpets are showing a little age. The hallways are really wide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the campus of the University of Texas at El Paso and across the street from two major medical centers. The hotel is within a 5 block radius of over 50 restaurants, bars and stores. Just one and half miles from the El Paso Convention Center/Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Hilton El Paso
- El Paso Hilton Garden Inn