“Top Tamales in El Paso,Texas”
Review of Pepe's Tamales

Pepe's Tamales
Ranked #659 of 1,560 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Pepe's tamales are delicious. Whether you get the red, green cheese, green chile chicken or sweet you cannot go wrong. I stopped by the other day and purchased a dozen of each and couldn't even make out of the door without drooling. Sitting in my car with the incredible aroma filling every square inch I just had to dig in. My favorite is the green cheese tamale. It is simply fantastic. I can really say that you have not had a tamale until you've eaten one from Pepe's.

1  Thank Distant Lights
There are newer reviews for Pepe's Tamales

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Pepe's is strictly take-out, cash-only, and a bit tricky to find in a 70's style shopping center, but it is ooohhhh so worth finding! Any variety of tamal is delicious but my favorite is the red pork, with a rasin-and-anise "chaser" for dessert. El Paso residents swear by Pepe's and understandably so. Don Pepe does just one thing (make tamales) but he does it outstandingly well. From my first visit forward I make it a point to go by Pepe's and get some tamales to take back to my hotel room for a memorable and yummy feast!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in a hotel close by and we thought we would give Pepe's a try. What a great surprise! The tamales are amazing! Fresh and delicious. We have tried all the different varieties he makes and they are all very good! The best we have ever had. It's what they do, make tamales. We will keep going back as long as we are in town. This is a must try place if you are in town. The owner is very friendly and if you have time he will tell you his story about how it all started. They are great as a meal on there own or to add to your homemade Mexican night. Can't beat the price either!

1  Thank DANEM86
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is a take-out place only but any time we need tamales for a special meal, we go to Pepe's. The red chile pork and the green chile chicken tamales are always moist and stuffed with meat. When we lived out of town, we always picked up some when we were in El Paso, put them in an ice chest, and individually froze them after we got home. Even after being in the freezer, they tasted just as fresh after we heated them up in the microwave. (Order ahead for large quantities.)

1  Thank newbraunfelscook
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Pepe's in an El Paso institution, and you cannot beat their amazing tamales! Your choices are: Green chile chicken, Red pork, and sweet tamales...that's it. They totally rock! They are the very best, a great value, and a NEED-TO-TRY for El Paso visitors, to get a true taste of this unique city's cuisine.