“Execellent, Freiendly, Clean”

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
artesia, ca
“Execellent, Freiendly, Clean”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was 3rd trip to el paso, booked same Ramada Suites. Hats off to GM for running motel very professionally , i noticed this property was been renovated, nice vanity with granite counter top, new kitchen cabinet with granite counter top, redone pool area, very nice keep it up. Bottom line this is the place to stay in el paso.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Booked a room well in advance. Booked a hot tub room. When we got there we were given a regular room (It was after 5:00 and the front desk had to check if it was cleaned yet). Didn't realize it was not hot tub until later that night. The couch was broken, could not even sit on it. There were pieces of melted metal on the carpet (like someone was soldering in there). There was mold around the inside of the tub. Internet was sparse. The bed was so saggy, we had to sleep on the kitchen chairs with a pillow. The next morning after I took a shower and washed my hair, I found out the hair dryer did not work. I called the front office, they told me maintenance would not be there for another hour and a half. Which really didn't help my situation. They did not offer to bring a new one up. When I checked out that morning, I notified the front desk of my dissatisfaction, and they said, "We will let maintenance know". Wow..I would suggest staying away from this hotel, they do not care how you feel, nor will they help you in any way.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Papawiliam50
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were looking for an overnight on the east side of El Paso to avoid Monday morning traffic, as we headed west. The room was nicely done, it was what we expected, and the price was very reasonable. We slept well and enjoyed an abundant continental breakfast. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I agree with most of the positive reviews on this hotel. I'm not sure how anyone could expect more for the price. As mentioned the property is a little dated and I noticed several rooms were being renovated during our 4 day stay. I'll mention a few things I haven't noticed in recent reviews yet.
1) A medium size pool and jacuzzi appear to be open all year though it was way too cold in February for my kids to try out.
2) The hotel is well maintained and cleaned. I saw housekeeping and service personel every time I left and returned to our room.
3) Walmart was less than 5 min away and Alberstson's supermarket was only a little further.
4) Pet owners should know there is only a small "courtyard" to walk your dog (the only grass I saw in El Paso). The property is fenced and surrounded by concrete.
5) The kitchen offers no cooking utensils so bring or buy your own.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Bottom line: I think this strikes the best value in El Paso for an extended stay. You can go cheaper, or you can go easier, but if having the ability to cook for yourself is important, you can do a lot worse than here. The rooms are small but interior and exterior cleanliness is excellent and methodical improvements are underway.

Pros: Incredibly good rate for full-service (ie daily cleaning) hotel in El Paso. Renovations are underway that will drive the value up even further. And the renovations aren't making a terrible mess of the property in the process. Great water pressure in showers. Road noise is manageable and access to the property is easy from the main road.

Cons: You have to do a little work yourself, especially in the kitchens, which are not stocked at all. Go to a local discount store and buy a set of pots/pans for $20 and you still make back your money compared to Candlewood or Residence Inn. Not nearly as grimy as the awful reviews on the cheaper extended-stays in town. The rooms are small, esp considering all the furniture in them, but again, for a larger extended-stay room you're going to pay 50% more just to start.

Features: Rooms include brand-new granite countertops in kitchen (incl table), and new vanities. Kitchen includes medium fridge/freezer (maybe 14 cu ft), 2-burner stove, and should include microwave (my room was missing this but the manager stated this was an unreported theft and would be resolved immediately). Fitness center includes multi-gym weight center, very good treadmill, stair climber, bike (no elliptical). Breakfast is continental, plus fresh waffles - it gets a little stale but is kept well stocked. Beds are firm; pillows are average.

Coming soon: Repaint, recarpet, refinishing the pool (in progress as of Jan 2012), flat screen TVs (already purchased but awaiting paint before install).

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for something on the back of the property to keep you away from I-10. For re...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Reservation on web site was right. All info in computer, only signatures required. Large room with kitchen facilities. Kitchen sink faucet under repair, cold water turned off. Decent bed with clean linen, including sheet on top of blanket. Wifi didn'w work and I called the front desk. They called teck support and had it going in 30 mins. Quiet room. Way above average breakfast for this price range. The issues I had pale when the price is considered. A real value.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
marysville
Reviewed November 15, 2011

There were 6 in our party with 3 rooms reserved close to each other. All of the rooms we had stunk like dog or cat urine. The carpet in the room I stayed was wet hopefully from someone trying to clean the smell from the floor. We laid a bath towel on the floor so no one would step in it again. It was late in the evening and didn't want to seperate the group otherwise I would have asked for another room. Come to find out the next morning the other 2 rooms stunk as well. We saw people 2 doors down take a cat in their room.

Room Tip: Do not pick a hotel that is pet friendly
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends