“Could be just worse!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I went to Logan's wondering we would eat something fresh and with lots of flavor. The waitress was kind and you are welcomed with a can of peanuts, cool. We first ordered an appetizer sampler, the potato skins were so great, but the Buffalo wings were soaked in oil, the chicken tenders were over fried and totally dry. Then my wife ordered a shimp plater and I ordered a steak and lobster plater, but surprise, 15 minutes after we ordered the waitress came and says “sorry but we are out of lobster, would you like to change to crab legs or have just the steak” and I thought whaaat??? 15 minutes later and have just the steak, I mean I ordered that plate because of the lobster and that’s why I was willing to pay 11 dollars more, but don’t wanted to spoil the dinner with my wife and instead ordered a shrimp plater just like the one she ordered. Well, one advise, do not order this shrimp plate, its terrible, the grilled shrimp had no flavor at all and was carbonized, the other two types of shrimp were mmmm so so, the baked potato was over cooked. I would say that my best part were the potato skins, the peanuts and the macaroni and cheese that came as a side with my plate ahhh and the bread, which it’s great. The check came for 58 dollars, so if you are willing to spend this amount you will probably prefer to go to other place where the food has flavor. The final comment I made to my wife was, “I feel like I’ve had bought frozen shrimp and made it my self on the microwave at our house”.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The food is overpriced, not very good and the service isn't either.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was another restaurant a lot of my friends liked to eat at. The only reason I ever attended this restaurant is because most of our get togethers were either this place or carlos and mickeys. I went to this restaurant approximitely about 5-6 times and the experience just got worst and worst. I have no idea what the requirements are to be a cook there, but you would think knowing what rare, medium rare, medium, well cooked, etc are important. The last time I went there was the worst experience of them all. I ordered a steak with a baked potato and veggies. I ordered the steak medium. The waiter came back with a steak that was raw. I've been cooking since I was 14-15 years old. Im from texas and my family cooks out just about every weekend. I have had plenty of experience grilling steaks. The steak that was brought to me was on the grill for no more than 5 minutes tops. the outer part of the steak was the only thing that was cooked. the whole middle part was bloody and pink on the outside. I asked the waiter to cook my steak a little bit longer. I had to ask him to do this 2 more times later. Everytime he came back with practically the same steak. I dont even think they tried placing it on the grill the first couple of times that I returned it. I asked to speak to the manager on the third time. I told him what the problem was and he politely told me he would take care of the issue. He then came back to me and then tried to lecture me on steak cooking terminology. Telling me that the steak was indeed cooked medium. I told him that I had never been to a steakhouse where medium meant bloody as hell. I asked him if he would eat one of his "medium steaks"? He asnwered he preferred his steak a bit more cooked. When the manager finally came back for the fourth time he brought me a burnt piece of meat. I wasnt suprised by then,,,still I would never ever return to this restaurant. The worst dinning experience I have had to date. Horrible food and even worst service.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Tried the three course dinner for two. The onion chips were slightly underdone and were delivered after the salads. The salads came before the appetizer and were pretty much standard. The entree was a steak which was cooked correctly but a little tough. The dessert was a chocolate mousse with peanut crunch. Very good and small enough to finish off the meal without being too much. Service was good but out of order. Atmosphere was standard casual restaurant.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Typically during the year my wife and I travel between Los Angeles and Taylor Texas. On these trips we make every attempt to have dinner at Logan's Roadhouse in El Paso, Texas. We've found the staff and management to be very accommodating, the menu and the service great and the bread is wonderful.