“Poor Health Standards”
Review of Rancher's Grill - CLOSED

Rancher's Grill
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Rancher's Grill's staff is notorious for not washing their hands.
The 2 older hispanic salad bar ladies eat from the bowls while they are preparing dishes for the salad bar. If you pay attention, you will notice them walking back and forth eating and licking the inside of bowls and licking utensils, only to walk back and not wash them. They use a power sprayer to rinse off their utensils and bowls and go right back to using them.
There is black mold caked on the walls where their dishes are cleaned.
They don't use sanitizer to wipe down tables, most of the time it's a wet rag (water only).
There are fruit flies, gnats and roaches swarming the building. Pull out any booth and I guarantee a golf ball sized roach appears from the darkness.
I guarantee during your visit, that you will consume one of these 3 bugs. They are all over the place, and that's not a joke.
Their prices are ridiculous for the small portions they serve and the quality of their products are below poor. If it isn't pre-packaged or pre-canned, don't expect it to taste remotely satisfying.
Their salad bar is disgusting! 50 pairs of hands will touch the utensils used at the salad bar daily and they are just tossed back up on top of the food. They are NEVER replaced, unless they fall on the floor. Which I assume is rinsed off like everything else and taken back out.
Look through their cooler of salad plates and their stacks of soup bowls. Every other bowl and plate is dirty or caked with food.
DON'T GET SICK.
Stay away from this crap hole.

1  Thank Jason B

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Really convenient on Mesa at I-10 ramp, big salad bar, I had 2 of the 6 soups offered, and plenty of western and Mexican choices on the menu. Interesting artwork and curious decorate the rooms, including some great historical items.

1  Thank LisandroVoyager
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was staying at a hotel nearby, I tried this place and didn't enjoy my visit. The staff were OK, just about interested enough, the nearly empty restaurant & salad bar should have been my clue that the food wasn't going to be great. The salad bar just looked drab, certainly not fresh. My steak was OK. This palce could be so much better.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I go to this resturant at least twice a month. The food is great, the staff is friendly and the at home atmosphere makes is welcolming and comfortable. The salad bar is always fresh and the menu is grilled to perfection! This is one of our favorite resturants to go and get good food and relax!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very often go the Rancher's Grill on W. Mesa St in El Paso. It is the best food
for the price in town. My wife particularly enjoys the "Almost was a Steak" more
than anything, and I am a fan of their catfish. She likes her Almost was a Steak
served without any gravy, and cooked to a certain "doneness" and they always
accomodate her in a friendly and courteous manner, as well as serving her
a delicious meal.

For me, the catfish is the king. While I have tried most of the offerings on the
substantial menu over the years, I invariably am drawn to the catfish, because
being a true Southerner, they prepare and serve it to my liking every time.

But overall, and regardless of what was ordered, my wife and I can truthfully
say that we have never had a bad meal at Ranchers over the many years we
have eaten there. We highly recommend it to those looking for tasty food,
well prepared and with excellent service. Their prices are hard to beat anywhere.