“Good place for western fare”
Review of Rancher's Grill - CLOSED

Rancher's Grill
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Really convenient on Mesa at I-10 ramp, big salad bar, I had 2 of the 6 soups offered, and plenty of western and Mexican choices on the menu. Interesting artwork and curious decorate the rooms, including some great historical items.

1  Thank LisandroVoyager

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was staying at a hotel nearby, I tried this place and didn't enjoy my visit. The staff were OK, just about interested enough, the nearly empty restaurant & salad bar should have been my clue that the food wasn't going to be great. The salad bar just looked drab, certainly not fresh. My steak was OK. This palce could be so much better.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I go to this resturant at least twice a month. The food is great, the staff is friendly and the at home atmosphere makes is welcolming and comfortable. The salad bar is always fresh and the menu is grilled to perfection! This is one of our favorite resturants to go and get good food and relax!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very often go the Rancher's Grill on W. Mesa St in El Paso. It is the best food
for the price in town. My wife particularly enjoys the "Almost was a Steak" more
than anything, and I am a fan of their catfish. She likes her Almost was a Steak
served without any gravy, and cooked to a certain "doneness" and they always
accomodate her in a friendly and courteous manner, as well as serving her
a delicious meal.

For me, the catfish is the king. While I have tried most of the offerings on the
substantial menu over the years, I invariably am drawn to the catfish, because
being a true Southerner, they prepare and serve it to my liking every time.

But overall, and regardless of what was ordered, my wife and I can truthfully
say that we have never had a bad meal at Ranchers over the many years we
have eaten there. We highly recommend it to those looking for tasty food,
well prepared and with excellent service. Their prices are hard to beat anywhere.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Decided to have lunch with Family passing through so we picked Ranchers Grill for its easy Interstate access. I went there with a fellow military member and we were both in uniform, our server started off with "we dont give a military discount". Not that we asked. The place has a gigantic salad bar and seems to be the highlight of their business. I passed by to see what they had and everything just seemed like it had been out for too long. I ordered ribs with 2 sides and everyone else (7 total) got a variety from chicken fried steak to a hamburger. No one was impressed especially me, ribs were dry and over cooked they were also cold when the plate arrived, the side of beans was way too hot, boiling to be exact and the corn was too hard or undercooked. I asked for a member of management and when greeted by a long haired hippe type man in his early twenties I was basically told I couldnt get ribs or a meal that was as good as where I was from. He offered to re heat the food but not replce it or offer a discount. When I asked how the owner or corporation felt about their practices he told me he owned the business and if we were not satisfied we shouldnt come back. I definately would not reccoment the place especially if you are in the military and stationed nearby.

1  Thank paulfran