“Best Mexican Lunch Special in town!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Malinche

La Malinche
Ranked #180 of 1,533 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
El Paso, Texas
“Best Mexican Lunch Special in town!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

There's a Mexican Restaurant on every block in El Paso, TX. But this restaurant, hands down, has great food and a lunch special that's amazing! There's more than one La Malinche restaurant in town. My favorite is the one Magruder St. You can get the Mexican Plate #1 (2 Tacos and 3 enchiladas), Caldo de Res Soup, and an Ice Tea for under $10. Of course, unlimited chips and salsa. Never disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank msroxycross

Phoenix, Arizona
“REAL - GOOD - MEXICAN FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staff - when in the middle of the rush: friendly but understandably brief. When the place is a bit not in the rush the staff is very attentive and accommodating to individual requests.

Caldo de Res:

A consistently good thing to order here. Salsa is great. Chips are delicious. The milanesa is huuuuuge and not greasy. The lengua was almost as good as my grandmother's - ALMOST.

The tea was served freely and without my glass ever going dry.

My wife loved the food. My dad loves the food. I love the food.

When you are in Chucotown - eat where the locals eat and know you are getting something good to eat if you are ordering off the "comida corrida" menu on the board behind the cashier.

Visited August 2012
Littleton
“Great Food, Service and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I was in ELP on biz and found La Malinche's location on Zaragosa in East El Paso. I was there 2 days for lunch and each visit left me more than satisfied with their efforts. They were very busy and do a bustling lunch business. On my 1st visit, I had the combination plate special - a real value @ $7.25 - with enchiladas, tacos, rice and beans - all were excellent and authentically prepared. On my 2nd day, I had the machaca plate - one of my personal favorites - and it too, was superb. The waitstaff are very efficent and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to return here.

• Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Insanely authentic and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

You've never seen red cheese enchiladas like these. Please note: These are not bland, Americanized enchiladas you'll find elsewhere. These are the real thing. Do not order if you can't handle authentic and spicy chile de arbol sauce. The sauce is a deep red slathered over mounds of cheese rolled into perfectly shaped corn tortilas. They are truly amazing and can't be duplicated. Also sampled the rice which was delicious. The beans were in a heaping portion, and they were probably the best beans I have ever had. Tacos are fried to perfection with the perfect amount of beef and cheese. Homemade taste abounds. Price came to about 15 for two very large plates that yielded another meal when we got home. Literally the best restaurant in the city, and I've been all over the US and Mexico over 30 times. You simply cannot go wrong with La Malinche. Stopped at the Yarbough one before I left town....even better...freshest salsa ever.

1 Thank FoodieExpert542
St. Louis
“Well priced breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

We were in town visiting friends and they brought us here for breakfast on Monday 3/29/10. The prices were very reasonable, most items were around $6 and the portions were large. I had the machaca which came with beans and a cheese sauce. I've traveled around Mexico and have had machaca there, this restaurants has added cheese to their recipe for machaca which wasn't bad, but I was not expecting it. They also had a very delicious and spicy cheese sauce on the side. My husband ordered chilaquiles and this plate was filled to the brim with chilaquiles, beans, a bit of steak, and eggs. Surprisingly, his meal was the cheapest on the menu. My friends also told us that they serve really great pancakes here as well.

The service was great, they kept the coffee coming and when my friend wanted her machaca without cheese, they gladly made her a new order. If we ever find ourselves back in town, we will definitely stop by this restaurant again!

Been to La Malinche? Share your experiences!