“NOT GOOD”

Great American Land & Cattle
Ranked #499 of 1,568 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I went with my family hoping to enjoy some delicious food and thumbs down. It food is on the pricey side for what you are getting. I ordered shrimp scampi and it was very sub par, none of the food was fresh. The shrimp was cold and sad looking. My mother order the $50.00 lobster and sirloin meal and what a waste of money. I have never seen a lobster tail not served on the tail. It looked nothing like the advertised picture on the menu which is the reason why she got it. The sirloin was so tough that we just brought it home and fed it to the dogs. And here is a little more information than you need...not of it went down well.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

THEY DO NO SERVE LIQUOR. ONLY BEER AND WINE.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is something of a regular stop for me and my colleagues at lunch, and while my children were attending Eastwood High School, the parking lot is the staging area for the Homecoming Parade. It's real easy to eat here prior to starting. Food & service is great!

1  Thank Juanito_Hayburg
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I eat here about once a year and it is always a disaster. Once they had no baked potatoes, once no steak sauce, once they brought my foot on an old serving tray because they were out of plates. The last time there the waitress forgot to bring our food so when it arrived it was barely warm...more like cold. They took it back and warmed it to some degree but the wait was awful and the food was bad. Stay away from this hell hole. I'll never good again.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Passing through, found on GPS looking for something not-fast-food. We went to the one on Yarborough. Had ribeye and mahi-mahi. Ribeye was flavorful, good cut of meat. Mahi-mahi was generous serving cooked perfectly. Steamed veggies were also very good. They had some beans and coleslaw with little pineapples in it for sides - very flavorful. Friendly staff, pretty good service, and side note that their house coffee was delicious! Good dinner in El Paso.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We needed a fantastically fast and tasty luncheon today as we scurried between work assignments, and Great American Steakburger at 2220 N. Yarbrough, Montwood Mall Shopping Center, El PasoTX 79935 met those conditions exactly. Even though moderately crowded, we were seated and quickly served by Danny S. Not only did he ensure prompt attention, he also made sure we had ample water, the rolls were fresh & hot, as well as the entrees. My colleagues each had beer-battered chicken plates, while I enjoyed the senior (grilled) chicken plate + vegetables. My dish was just the right size and delectable--I didn't even leave drippings! I noticed my two comrades ate with similar gusto. Besides the food, another aspect I liked was the speed for the entire meal, from excellent close parking (we carpooled to save fuel and the environment), to personalized attention, and the general effectiveness of it all. For (sports) aficionados, thin-screen televisions adorn some walls to keep track of the (game) (news, etc.). I highly recommend this fine establishment for anyone wanting a great lunch OR evening meal; next time, I'll try the signature steaks!

Been to Great American Land & Cattle? Share your experiences!