“Excellent. Will go back.”
Review of Mesa Street Grill

Mesa Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,546 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Robinson and Mesa
Description: Mesa Street Grill stands as one of El Paso's premier restaurants for fine dining cuisine. The restaurant has built its sterling reputation on the highest standards of quality, service and delivering a unique upscale dining experience in a comfortable home-style setting. Signature dishes include the Steak Soup, Mandy's Salmon, Del Monico's Ribeye and Shrimp Pasta.
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent. Will go back.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was in El Paso for business and several folks suggested the Mesa Street Grill. Had a good meal there and I would go back. It is a small, older non-descript place near the university. It is somewhat upscale and I found it a bit pretentious. Prices are a bit high. Smaller portions than I expected. They have a small but very nice bar of dark wood. Excellent oversized martini’s served up ice cold in huge classy martini glasses. I would go back just for that. Great service. Friendly servers. Note that they do have a separate bar menu with things like hamburgers that are not on the upscale menu in the restaurant side. I would go back.

Aaron M, Owner at Mesa Street Grill, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thanks for giving us a try! It's so rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our dishes and martinis, but I'm surprised that you felt our portions were a bit small. We don't get that feedback often, but we'll certainly look into it! In the meantime, thanks for reviewing us, and we hope to welcome you back next time you're in El Paso!

Vancouver, Canada
“Gave it another chance and was impressed !!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I visited her a few months ago and was very dissapointed with the service and wrote a review reflecting this. However recently the manager responded to my review and took on board my feedback so I decided to try again. The experience was wonderful. I was greeted and offered 3 different options for seating, bar, patio or main dining room. I chose the dining room and was given a nice seat by the window. Before I could blink I was offered water and a menu. The whole service experience was excellent and the food was delicious. I left with a completely different impression of the place and even went back the next night. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy fine dining in El Paso.

Aaron M, Owner at Mesa Street Grill, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thanks so much for giving us another shot, Stephen! It's great to hear that you were so impressed, and we hope to have you back for more next time you're in El Paso. Until then, thanks again -- it means the world to us that you gave us another chance!

Aaron
Las Cruces, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stopped here en route to a performance of Jersey Boys in El Paso. Service by Hugo was impeccable throughout the supper experience. Excellent beverage list with generous pours and a menu with many tempting entries. My filet and wife' crab cake were prepared exactly as requested and delicious, and better than anything we have found in Las Cruces. Ambiance was nice with jazz recordings playing at appropriate sound level to permit both enjoyment of the music and conversation. The restaurant is reportedly moving a few blocks north to larger quarters.

Aaron M, Owner at Mesa Street Grill, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hugo will be so happy to hear from you! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, and to know that you were so pleased with our dishes. Thank you, James! We can't wait to have you back for more crab cakes!

El Paso, Texas
“Evening Dinner”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Excellent food and overall service was very good. The Ahi Tuna was cooked well and the Jalapeno appetizers were excellent. Parking is limited so valet is encouraged. Drink prices are a little high, but not too bad.

Aaron M, Owner at Mesa Street Grill, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thanks so much for coming in, Pedro, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the Ahi Tuna and the Jalapeno appetizers so much. Many thanks for the great review, and I hope we can welcome you again soon to perfect your experience. We look forward to it!

Best,
Frisco, Texas
“Super atmosphere and food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Enjoyed lunch and dinner same day. Salad was fantastic and ingredients were fresh. Delmonico ribeye prepared to perfection. I ordered Tempura vegetables as side but did not like the. Not at all as you would expect. Fantastic wait staff.

Visited May 2014
Aaron M, Owner at Mesa Street Grill, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Twice in one day? That's music to our ears! Needless to say, thanks so much for joining us for both lunch and dinner -- the Delmonico RIbeye is a fantastic choice, by the way!

You can also rest assured that I'll be passing your compliments onto our entire team. They'll be thrilled to hear that they helped make your day a delicious one.

Hope to see you back here soon.

All the best,