“Gone down hill”
Review of Mesa Street Grill

Mesa Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,596 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Robinson and Mesa
Description: Mesa Street Grill has been one of El Paso's premier fine dining restaurants since 1998. For over 16 years, Mesa Street Grill has been serving El Pasoans signature dishes, like the Del Monico Rib-eye, Lobster Mac and Cheese, Seared Ahi Tuna, and our delicious Steak Soup. Our sterling reputation has been built on maintaining the highest standards of quality, service, and creating a unique upscale dining experience. Family is at the heart of our success. Our entire family has been dedicated to making Mesa Street Grill your favorite fine dining experience. From our family to yours, we look forward to welcoming you in soon!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Mesa Street Grill used to be one of our favorite places to eat. We saved it for occasions to make it special, and because it ain't cheap. However, our last two visits have been terrible disappointing.
We went there for Sunday lunch a month or two back and found a very limited menu. I had a beef and pasta dish which was OK but lacked flavor while my wife had a chicken dish that simply wasn't up to their standards.
We went back this week for a nice pre-Chrictmas show dinner. We were there early so there was no excuse for the poor service (which we got), the length of time we had to wait (very long) or the quality of the food.
Our waiter seemed not to know what he was doing half the time. He kept coming back to the table to ask us to repeat parts of our order. My pork chops were delicious but were red in the middle (I ordered medium) and my wifes pasta dish was at best eatable. We ordered onion rings which the waiter kept assuring us were coming, and they did, about three quarters of the way through the meal. They were not eatable. Even the bread was not up to their usual and came with frozen butter. We had the feeling that since we were ther early, they simply were not ready completely ready for customers. Our guess is the bread was micrwaved and the pork was frozen when they cooked it.
If you go to Mesa Street Grill, don't go early, and don't go on Sundays.
As for us, we plan to find a new favorite place. We hear there is a new and very good Italian in town.

1  Thank 1George

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with people out of town. I first went to bar and even they where out of the mint to make a Mojito :-( I had a Beer. My friends had wine. Then ordered a rib eye bone in and a bottle of wine. OMG is one of the best steaks I've ever had. Service was beyond excellent. We were so pleased we call the Chef to thank him for such wonderful experience. The chef is the brother of the owner. Actually the 2 brothers run the place. My friend had steak Dianne. It is a little pricey but they are well worth it. Excellent place for a night out with that special someone or a business dinner.

1  Thank Amangi76
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A great surprise! Every aspects (food quality, presentation, originality, taste, etc.) were above expectations. Would definitively return if this was in my local town. Great covered patio for outdoor dinning.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

nice vibe, trendy and upscale, but very freindly and relaxed. good cocktails and a delicious steak. one of the nicerspots in el paso.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food is good, particularly the steak. Dining area is a little small and somewhat dated. The patio dining is a nice option during good weather but beware if you do not like cigarette smoke, as smoking is allowed on the patio.

Been to Mesa Street Grill? Share your experiences!