“A bit quirky but lots of fun”
Review of L & J Cafe

L & J Cafe
Ranked #2 of 1,563 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Can be hard to find. You might be reluctant to walk in because after all it is a local bar. The food is interesting and tasty. The quest is fab. Service was real quick. Drink specials. Always usually busy. Walk around and decide your seating options. Can seem crowded and cramped but I cannot wait for my return visit.

1  Thank bucksmom_8
There are newer reviews for L & J Cafe

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had asked a person for a recommendation for the "Best" Mexican food in El Paso. The response was immediate "L & J's Cafe!" After receiving this high recommendation, I asked three other folks natives of El Paso. The vote was unanimous! And the best part was... They were all correct!!!
The food far exceeded my expectations even with this gaggle of high recommendations. The Wait staff was great and Eduardo was outstanding!!
I told him I had come all the way from Santa Maria California to have dinner there that night, he said he was glad I made it and they had been awaiting my arrival! Then brought a bowl of queso con chiles verdes! One bite of that and I told Eduardo, I was not going to brush my teeth for three days so I would not lose the flavor!!
Tried to talk him into asking the owners to open a franchise in Santa Maria!! Thanks L & J and the Staff for a fine meal with outstanding service!

1  Thank Quince P
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We came for lunch to find a packed restaurant. People from all walks of life were there, enjoying their meals and the World Cup.

The food was pretty good and didn't take to long. I ordered a combo plate and my wife a fajita burrito. The beef taco was sadly mostly lettuce, but the rest of the plate was pretty good.

We'll come back, definitely before ever going to overpriced Carlos and Mickeys.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were at an event in Dallas and a friend found out we were going to ELP. He asked, "Do you ever eat that that place across from the cemetery?" We said, "L & J? Yes - every time we can!" People may not remember the name, but they always remember the cemetery and the great food served within. I look forward to seeing the end of the remodel and what you are planning for it.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The food was very hot & fresh. Parking sucked because you have to find whatever is available on the street. The waitstaff was very kind & nice. I am not a big Mexican food person but this place was authentic tasting per my Co workers & they loved it!!

1  Thank Tshun