“Good Service, but below average food”
Review of Singapore Cafe

Singapore Cafe
Ranked #172 of 1,553 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Thai
new jersey
“Good Service, but below average food”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I went this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews. I am by no means a thai food expert but this food was truly below par. I ordered the vegetable pad thai and it was completely bland. It tasted nothing like any pad thai i've had before. In fairness I should say that I live in the NY/NJ area and maybe our thai food is more authentic. I can't stay whether this is the best or worst thai El Paso has to offer, but i can say it was not very good thai. The serving was large and inexpensive but completely lacking in flavor. The restaurant doesn't have much ambiance and it looked completely shut down from the outside. I don't usually write reviews on here but felt compelled to after reading all the rave reviews and having such a mediocre experience.

• Visited February 2011

“Very good food and service.”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was impressed. The spring rolls were out of this world. Oh so good. The service was fast and courteous. If you haven't eaten here yet, your just missing out.

Orlando, Florida
“Even the owner of Tara Thai says this one is better”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The owner of Tara Thai, a very good Thai restaurant in El Paso, recommended this restaurant to us at a party that she catered at my work. There isn't much ambiance, but the food is outstanding. I love the coconut curry noodles. Delicious. The honey cashew beef is also delicious. The portions are very generous without being overly massive. As another reviewer pointed out, the soups are huge, a "cup" is actually a bowl and is itself a meal. The spring rolls are huge and delicious. The service was excellent- among the best as far as attentiveness in El Paso.

• Visited January 2011
El Paso
“Real South East Asian”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

A nice atmosphere with good service. Good quiet place to take a date. The wide range of food covers Singapore, Malyasia, Vietnamese, Thai, and Indonesian. It is all authentic and prepared right. We usually start with shrimp spring rolls but several choices are available. From there I usually go for small (Medium) bowl of Pho, the Vietnamese beef soup. I have to have fish sauce (nouc mam) with it and some fresh chopped jalapenos. Then I have to decide whether to go for Vietnamese or Thai. That is always a hard decision for me. I love most Chinese food but dislike the MSG and the heavy sauces. So I really enjoy the light sauces and rich flavors of Singapore Chinese. The Malysian curreys are delicious. If I don't have enough room for a whole (large servings)dish, I will share a Thaiyaki Bowl with my wife. It comes with beef chicken or both. The mix of vegetable flavors is great with pineapple. She usually orders that but I have to try something different. The seafood range is good including calamari prepared several ways. They also serve a good Bulkogoki, Korean beef dish. One good feature is the illustrated menue to help you decide on your order if you have never seen a particular dish. I have to say that all the dishes I have eaten were as good and authentic as the food I ate in those countries. The prices are moderate and less than several highly rated Chinese restaurants of El Paso.