“Better on death row”

Ranked #92 of 1,543 Restaurants in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“Better on death row”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wow! What a let down. I am leaving El Paso and I had never been to this restaurant but some of my coworkers said it was among the best Mexican food in El Paso. I had to lobotomize my friends, as they are clearly insane.

I told the server that this might be my last Mexican food for a while, so I would like the best thing on the menu. I was pointed to the "signature" dish which was carnitas queretaro.

The meat was flavorless, hard, dry and tough, and they didn't provide a knife (or a wolf to chew it for me) and I could not eat more than a few nibbles.

Seriously? I could cook an old pair of shoes better than that. Beans and rice were average as was the water. So how are these people still in business?

Instead of a last meal in El Paso, it was more like a last meal in the electric chair.

Disgusting and disappointing!
Can I give a half star? Or zero?

• Visited July 2014

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Carnitas Queretaro”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Restaurant atmosphere was very good, service was excellent. Something you would expect when a restaurant has just opened, and they are really trying to impress people. Food was very good; I had the steak tacos - unlimited fresh hot tortillas, enough steak strips to get your fill and take some home, good pico ! What you do need to be aware of, is that they will automatically add 18% gratuity to your check if you have a party of 6 or more.

• Visited June 2014
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Everything we had at this location was great. Highly reccomend the carnitas. Fajitas were also good.

Visited May 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Bueno”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for a business lunch, this was my first time. We started with guacamole and quest fundido. Very good. I ordered the carnitas and it was great, very tasty and full of flavor. Great tortillas, made in house and you can tell. I also order am apple soda, a friend suggested I try it and it was great with lunch. I'll be back

Visited May 2014
El Paso, Texas
“genuine Mexican food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Genuine Mexican food of better than average quality, compared with the standard El Paso Mexican joint. Very large menu with plenty of selections of skillets, grilled specialties, tacos, sopes, soups, tortas, etc. Friendly waitress. Want to go back to sample more menu items.

Visited April 2014

Been to Carnitas Queretaro? Share your experiences!