“Great food”

Ranked #91 of 1,543 Restaurants in El Paso
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Everything we had at this location was great. Highly reccomend the carnitas. Fajitas were also good.

Visited May 2014

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Bueno”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for a business lunch, this was my first time. We started with guacamole and quest fundido. Very good. I ordered the carnitas and it was great, very tasty and full of flavor. Great tortillas, made in house and you can tell. I also order am apple soda, a friend suggested I try it and it was great with lunch. I'll be back

Visited May 2014
El Paso, Texas
“genuine Mexican food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Genuine Mexican food of better than average quality, compared with the standard El Paso Mexican joint. Very large menu with plenty of selections of skillets, grilled specialties, tacos, sopes, soups, tortas, etc. Friendly waitress. Want to go back to sample more menu items.

Visited April 2014
Glasgow
“AMAZING CARNITAS!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We read several reviews and they were not real inspiring, but we decided to give this place a try anyways. We really enjoyed it. My husband ordered the beef fajitas and I ordered the carnitas. We thought this food was by far the best mexican food we have eaten here in El Paso. The fajitas were great and the carnitas were amazing. Service was awesome and the food was out pretty quick. The only negative thing I can think of is I asked for a small little thing of sour cream, guacamole and some green sauce for my carnitas (you think that it would come with the meal) and was charged $7 extra for my request. That seemed a little high, but the food was really good.

Visited February 2014
El Paso, Texas
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to try CQ today after driving by it for months and seeing it packed with cars.

Well, we still don't get it.

We went to a late lunch on a Saturday. The place was pretty full and dirty. Can you say BROOM?

Our chips were stale and greasy. The salsa was watery.

Our server didn't know the menu. We asked if they had fish tacos - she said no. We open the menu - yeah, "fish tacos."

We ended up ordering the house special - "Carnitas Queretaro" and fish with garlic sauce. I specifically asked, "Is this the whole fried fish, with the head on?" She looked me square in the eye and said, "Yes."

After a relatively long wait - our food finally arrived. The carnitas were at room temp as were the beans and rice sides. Funny thing though - they were all served on a cast iron skillet that had absolutely no sizzle.

The fish? A headless Tilapia fillet that was swimming in grease. The mashed potatoes that came with the fish were pretty good though.

Needless to say, we won't be likely to give this place a second chance - there are too many great Mexican restaurants nearby to take a chance on so-so food.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Carnitas Queretaro? Share your experiences!