“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is my favorite Italian restaurant in El Paso and I've been to them all. The service is always solid and the food tastes great.

There are newer reviews for Bella Napoli Restaurant

Reviewed November 4, 2011

For a long time, I resisted going to this restaurant having listened to horror stories from one person. After living in El Paso for 5 years, my wife and I decided to "try it out." I always try eggplant parmigiana in Italian places. I thought it was one of the best I had had in many years! I was amazed. The marinara sauce was rich and hearty, full of flavor and body. I was amazed. The eggplant was prepared perfectly for my taste. My wife got a pesto dish which she felt had too much sauce in it. I noticed it disappeared all the way, too.

We enjoyed listening to live operatic music by a wonderful duo, and regretted not "discovering" this restaurant earlier in our relocated lives in El Paso.

Thinking that this might be a fluke, we returned the following week, and I got my eggplant again. (I am a creature of habit!) WONDERFUL. My wife got a different dinner and raved about it to me. Again, the music was great

We enjoyed the excellent service, the ambiance and the food so much that my wife, in her capacity in a woman's club she enjoys, brought about 30 people to a dinner and speaker there this week. She was impressed with the excellent way the staff worked with her, attended to everyone's needs and helped the meeting be a super enjoyable and informative one. She says she will bring everyone back there soon.

Reading some of the negative comments, I cannot believe we are talking about the same place. I wonder if these comments were made on behalf of rival Italian restaurant proprietors? I personally like most Italian restaurants, especially Olive Garden and Ardovino's -- but they are now in 2nd and 3rd place behind Bella Napoli.

1  Thank MisterLes
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I went there for my anniversary, and I have never ever tasted such awful food in my life. To start off, the waiter was slow, unprofessional and while I was sitting there I tried giving him the benefit of The doubt, but they failed, because I watched how the waiter fooled around with the waitress by the entrance and they all hung around doing nothing but fooling around. And when I received my food, it looked as if though our food was prepared days ago and all they did was heat it up in the microwave, not to mention the silver wear, it wasn't washed right, it looked as if though it was used and placed in a covert for a week and they just took it out and gave it to me. Both my wife and I felt disgusted with it all, and overall this was the worst place I have ever encountered in my life, considering that I've eaten in Iraq as a service member of the U.S Armed Forces, in a hole in a wall, and they still beat this place any time.
I don't want to just blame the waitresses or waiters or even the cook, but I really want to place the blame on the owner's for letting this kind of service happen in their restaurant, I'd fire all of them and start over again, the place stinks.

3  Thank luisperez25
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The kitchen staff whistled at my girl friend as she went to use the restroom. I called to complain. I got a guy with a thick Mexican accent who picked up the phone, he was rude when unasked to speak to the manger he said " I am the manger [---] and hung up the phone". The food was from Costco or SAMs. It was just reheated frozen stuff gross. I ordered chicken Jerusalem and I got to frozen chicken cutlets with can artichoke it was disgusting. My family used to go there every Sunday In the 80s and 90s. I guess this restaurant became another victim of Juarez style ownership ( every thing from SAMs ). I will never go there again. P.s. The bathrooms smelled to high heavens too

1  Thank DLevy
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Thirteen of us went to lunch and enjoyed the service and the foo
The only complaint we have is that it was dirty-looking. Fish tank needed cleaning and the windows also. The outside patio could use a little attention. Bathroom wasn't too clean either.

1  Thank jill93