“Always good.”

Pho TRE Bien Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,542 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Always good.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Pho Tre Bien is always good. We stop there every time we are in El Paso; about four times a year. We don’t even need to see a menu we know what numbers we want. We wish they had a restaurant in Las Cruces. We have a Vietnamese restaurant in Las Cruces but it is terrible. We notices that some reviews mentioned poor service we have always had good service.

• Visited August 2012

“Not bad :)”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just got back a hour ago from Pho Tre Bien. My husband and I had this on our list of local restaurants to try out for a while (our first time trying Vietnamese), and finally went with some friends who are frequent patrons of this place.

The restaurant has a shaded outdoor seating next to a couple of nice ponds with Coy, which I imagine must be nice in Spring or Fall. But on a near 100F day, we opted to sit inside. The place was clean and nice. We were served by a nice young man who was attentive and helpful.

For appetizers we ordered Vietnamese Eggrolls (3 rolls per portion) and Grilled Salmon Spring Rolls (2 big rolls per portion), both of which were very good. We liked it so much that my husband and I plan to go again and make a whole meal of trying out their various eggrolls and spring rolls :D.

For our entrees our friends (who are regular customers here) ordered the "Seafood Clear Noodle Soup" (which is a favorite of one of our friends), and the "Curry Tofu & Rice" (which was a first-time try). They both liked their meals. My husband ordered the "Charbroiled Skewered Chicken Vermicelli", which he said tasted good but the chicken was a little to fatty/grizzly for his liking. I ordered the "Yellow Noodle Soup with Fishballs and Quail Eggs". While I liked the broth of the soup and loved the quail eggs, the fishballs were just ok. The noodles were also good, but reminded me again why I don't like noodles :) - just one big tangle. Afterward we tried out their "Blueberry Bubble Tea" which was really nice.

The portions are a decent size and the prices are pretty reasonable. So bottom line, we liked it and will go back - especially for those rolls, but to try out other things too.

• Visited June 2012
El Paso, Texas
“Pho Tre Bien is good soup!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had last eaten here at it's previous location on Viscount Boulevard, and fell in love with the food. I look forward to going back, but it's now a bit too far. I know it'll be well worth it when I do return, and know you'll like it too!

1 Thank Juanito_Hayburg
Austin, Texas
“Great Vietnamese food in large portions”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great Vietnamese spot in El Paso. I went here with the intention of trying out their Pho and we also opted to add in the curry chicken. Well, both choices were awesome.

The ambience is laid back. It has a great outdoor garden area with fountains and I also think some Coy fish. It has been too cold to be outside both times I have gone, but I am sure it is great when the weather is nice. The inside is very laid back with a couple of tvs that are on, but not too loud. Just enough to allow everyones conversations to blend in together. Seating is just small square tables and flat back chairs all around.

I have been lucky enough to get the same waiter both times and he seems very attentive. If you happen to order one of their teas, make sure you know what with everything means because otherwise you will get bubbles, "tapioca balls", and they can be somewhat unpleasant in texture if you're not expecting it! Totally love their Thai tea, which is worth a try if you have never had. The pho here has been awesome both times. Very flavorfull and plenty of it, with a nice mix of fresh veggie garnishes. I prefered the regular rice noodle one over the thick rice noodle, even though both were good. The curry chicken is not overly strong in curry flavor and has a sweet underlying taste due to coconut milk being used in the recipe. Delicious! Just make sure you eat it fast if you want it to eat it warm, because it seems too cool very quickly in the large flat bowl the serve it in. Portions are large so expect to be able to share whatever dish you get. Makes it nice for a group or a couple of people who want to sample a couple of different things

• Visited February 2012
El Paso, Texas
“Authentic Vietnamese food”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I lived in Orange County, CA for 4 years. The food at PTB is comparable with the food in many authentic restaurant in Little Saigon.