“That's a lot of Q!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This place was hopping! When we arrived (party of 4), we had to wait about one beer to be seated. Then we ordered family style so we could taste lots of different Q. The service was very good considering how busy she was. She took care in explaining the menu and ordering system. The brisket and ribs were a hit with our group. The sides were also top notch.

The restaurant also hosts live music from time to time. It is a great venue with a beautiful courtyard. Lots of fun.

The restaurant is in Texas but the connected liquor store is in New Mexico. That means you can make a purchase unit midnight and on Sundays too. Can't go wrong here!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Highly recommended so I drove across town to go to the state line for some famous texas BBQ. I missed it since I lived in Austin in 1999-2000. The county line was famous there.

SO, I ordered a sampler platter to get a taste of several items. All were disappointing on the BBQ front. First they smothered everything in BBQ sauce, which I wasn't expecting. Im not a fan of sweet sauces and this one was that....I asked for another plate of Brisket, mainly because the sample they gave me was drowned in BBQ sauce and because I smoke my own at home and wanted to compare to my own cooking.

The second sample of brisket was pretty plain and tasteless. No real smoke ring and it almost seemed like it was a pot roast not brisket. My son didn't even finish his burger. Disappointed we left.. took the leftover home made bread which was ok. Wont return.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The State Line USED to be one of the best restaurants in El Paso, but it has really slid downhill badly. Actually got sick last time I went, so no more State Line for me...

Reviewed May 28, 2014

First of all I would like to say that this is real Texas BBQ-- The food is great and has always been great. They also have the best service around---Last but not least-- The restaurant itself is getting very old and looks like it really needs a good cleaning and renovation. Floors are filthy and the tables that have plastic cloths looks like they haven't been changed for years. I have been going here for 30 years and it does have great food---PS-- Their drinks are pretty good too. Go to this place HUNGRY--splurge and get the whole wheat loaf bread---

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Once you arrive at the State Line restaurant you are not in El Paso, anymore, but you're fairly close; however, both the wonderful cuts and the bread are worth the trip. Sometimes the wait can be long, but, after all, it is worth it. The drinks are enormous, the bread is superb, the mushrooms are a delicacy (I recommend them fully), but once your rib eye or your sirloin arrives: you can easily forget the rest. They are the best on the west side of town, while not in town, but, well: you already heard that.