“Best Deviled Eggs Ever!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of State Line Restaurant

State Line Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 1,526 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crosby, Texas
“Best Deviled Eggs Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Neat little restaurant in El Paso with half the building in Texas and the other half in New Mexico. Really nice courtyard if you have to wait for a table. We didn't ask but I believe you can probably eat out in the courtyard if you prefer. Best item on the menu is the Mexican deviled eggs! These were a little spicy with jalapeno spiced bacon bits. My son and I could have made a meal out of just these eggs. BBQ was good -- especially the marbled 2nd cut brisket and the peppered turkey. Family style meals with all you can eat meat and sides are available but fairly pricey per person -- only really big eaters would find value here. Combo platters with 2, 3 or 5 meat choices were available so you could sample everything if you wanted. Would definitely eat here again when we return to El Paso.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
El Paso,TX
“Made me sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Really right in the middle of eating your food , you get this felling that something is wrong with the food. by the time our group was out some of us were sick.
This is the one restaurant I'll never go back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Sep 17, 2013 was my last night on a "working vacation" for my wife and I to El Paso from Atlanta. I had been to El Paso a few times in the past and have a family member from there so I thought I knew some good places to eat around town. We were staying at the Holiday Inn just up the street from this place and my wife had seen it so for a change our last night in town instead of eating Mexican and being from Georgia thought we would sample some Texas BBQ. Back home we prefer our bbq more of the pork variety instead of beef so I wasn't expecting anything special. Well was I in for a surprise! I swear I had the most delicious brisket that melted in my mouth and my wife had the ribs that she still raves about. They say everything is bigger in Texas and the plate full of food they brought us made me a believer. Price was more than reasonable for the amount of food we got which made it even better. I think the total came to something like $58 for the two of us with a couple of Lone Star beers each. When we left I told my wife that is probably the best $26 meal I ever had. This place was great and wish we would have checked it out sooner especially if they would have had a band playing on the outside stage area. That looked like it would have been a great place to eat, drink and have a good time. if I ever go back to far west Texas I will make sure I don't wait until my last night in town to eat here.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great atmosphere!!! Some food is better than others..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

So cool with its atmosphere and decor. It's also great because when eating there you are essentially in Texas or New Mexico depending on where you are in the restaurant. We ordered the sampler plate that offers 5 types of their BBQ meats... Pork rib, beef rib, sausage, brisket, and peppered turkey breast. This plate also came with bread, coleslaw, potato salad, and beans. Of the meats, pork rib and peppered turkey breast were the most flavorful and moist. The service was good and the portions were large. We had the cajun shrimp appetizer and although it was tasty, having to peel each shrimp was not my favorite. I probably would not eat there regularly but I am really glad we tried it when we visited.

Visited September 2013
Tepoztlan
“Look out for the hair in the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Expecting the best as always from this place, disappointed and insulted to find a hair in my $25 stake plate.

Unacceptable from such a good kitchen.

• Visited August 2013