“Best Mexican Food EVER”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband is 73 years old and has lived in New Mexico and Arizona his whole life and his favorite food type is Mexican food. He said it may the best mexican meal he has ever had. I can tell you that he is pretty picky and critical so that coming from him is a true compliment. I also loved it and the atmosphere is really cool too. We were traveling and was only in town for one night and the clerk at the hotel recommended it. Thank goodness for GPS and Smart phones or we would never have found it. Great experience !! Good food and service and fair prices and loved the atmosphere. The chili is NOT for Greengos or those who are not experienced at eating chili. II has a bite, but, we LOVED it.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant a couple of times. Last time me and my wife went on a romantic evening just the two of us. Service was excellent as usual. Food was not bad is just that it did not taste Mexican enough. I ordered a Frozen Margarita and it was huge!!! It lasted all night. I highly recommend you ordering one. The atmosphere is great. You can go with your family or friends to have fun. My wife and I had a blast. We both recommend this place.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were visiting family in El Paso. We learned from the Chamber of Commerce in El Paso that the margarita was invented there. We sought to learn who had the best margarita in El Paso and were directed here. This has been a family run business for many years and the decor is unique and beautiful. We visited with our son & daughter-in-law and 5 y/o granddaughter on a weekday afternoon for appetizers and those famous margaritas. The staff was very attentive and accommodating, even when our granddaughter spilled her drink all over the table. The appetizers were delicious but the salsa was WAY to spicy for me. I asked for mild salsa but was told they had none. But the margaritas did not disappoint. This was by far the best margarita I have ever had. We will be returning to El Paso next summer and we definitely plan to return for another of those fabulous margaritas!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The atmosphere was nice. It was interesting just looking around at all of the items on the walls. The food was awesome, the price was great and the protion size was well worth it. I will definitely eat here again!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food was great, presented well and the staff was wonderful. It was my favorite for sure!! A little off the main road but well worth the trip. Can't say anything bad about this place!

Been to Carlos & Mickey's? Share your experiences!