“WHAT HAPPEN?”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Texas
“WHAT HAPPEN?”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Came in from a trip, decided to eat here as it was close to the airport.My sister and husband ordered the Captain"s sea food sampler, one with baked potatoe and the other with vegetables. I ordered Ribs. My sister complain no taste, left some. My complain Ribs?? Where is the taste? My husband said it will be a long time before going back there for a meal. Service was ok, but I think service in America is going to the dogs and this is mostly everywhere, no one has any pride. The Salad Bar was a disappointment, in the pasta salads that is. Regular salads you make ok, but the blue cheese dressing ran like water. The fresh bread was good. Wish we had gone somewhere else after a long plane ride and wanting something tasty!

• Visited February 2013

“A Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Cattle Baron is centrally located near the El Paso Airport. We were a group of 5; but we were seated promptly. Our waiter, Jose, was superb! I enjoyed a glass of Estancia Pinot Grigio before the meal (good price $5.95). Enjoyed a glass of J Lohr Cab (good price $6.95). For dinner I oredered a Caesar Salald and 14 oz Ribeye (reasonable price $22.95). The steak was properly cooked - medium rare; but the cut of meat was stringy. Overall the meal was good but not memorable.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jocool3754
Cape Town
“Mother's food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When in the states, I stopped at Cattle Barron for supper, and the food was excellent and reminded me of home. Service was good and the food even better

• Visited April 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Pleasantly satisfied”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. Service was good. Steak was very tasty I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Phatsoundz
Missouri
“Well done”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although the Cattle Baron is a chain, it doesn't have that feel. It also sets itself apart from other steak house chains such as Longhorn or Outback, with a more upscale, lodge-y ambiance.

I also like that Cattle Baron staff don't engage in annoying up-selling practices that staff at other chains do.

Service was professional and polished - the waiter seemed to take pride in his profession. Nice.

My companion and I had a patty melt and catfish, with fries and baked potato as sides. A bowl of french onion soup. I took a spin around the salad bar. Everything tasted very, very good.

The bread brought to the table wasn't remarkable one way or the other.

Although this is a large restaurant, there was a sense of intimacy at the tables.

A really pleasant experience from all perspectives: ambiance, service, food.

• Visited January 2013