“Pleasantly satisfied”

Cattle Baron Steak & Seafood
Ranked #10 of 1,611 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. Service was good. Steak was very tasty I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Phatsoundz

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although the Cattle Baron is a chain, it doesn't have that feel. It also sets itself apart from other steak house chains such as Longhorn or Outback, with a more upscale, lodge-y ambiance.

I also like that Cattle Baron staff don't engage in annoying up-selling practices that staff at other chains do.

Service was professional and polished - the waiter seemed to take pride in his profession. Nice.

My companion and I had a patty melt and catfish, with fries and baked potato as sides. A bowl of french onion soup. I took a spin around the salad bar. Everything tasted very, very good.

The bread brought to the table wasn't remarkable one way or the other.

Although this is a large restaurant, there was a sense of intimacy at the tables.

A really pleasant experience from all perspectives: ambiance, service, food.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

It is a really nice place. The service was great. They saw to our every need. We started with a salad. The salad bar is amazing! The bread and spread at our table was fantasic. We should have stopped there. The New York I ordered could not be described as tender, tough would have been more like it. My husband had the Kebob and he had the same impression. The food was rather booring and tasteless. I felt that the meat should have been a better grade, it just wasn't what I expected for a $20 steak. I might have been happy with it if I were at a fast food place, but not here...

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A restaurant with a nice atmosphere and a great service by a waiter named Justin. The food was very good. We did not try any steak, but ordered fish instead. They have a large salad bar, but a limited wine list.

It´s a good option for lunch or dinning if you are in the vecinity of El Paso airport.

1  Thank XFisher
Reviewed November 19, 2012

When we first walked in we were promptly "greeted". I use quotes because the hostess obviously hates her job and offers more of a scowl. We almost had to jog after her on the way to our table. Once there she tosses the menus on the table and stomps off. We sat down and noticed we were on an incline, I was leaning to the left to keep upright. The waitress was fabulous! She introduced herself, answered any questions we had and was very prompt throughout the meal. The salad bar is very large, quantity over quality. The steak arrives...the worst prime rib ever! It was very tough and had more gristle than meat. The vegetables were not prepared with and seasoning what so ever. We will never go here again nor do we recommend it.

1  Thank Txtohawaii