“Great eating. ”

Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We went here after suggestion from our hotel front desk associate was fantastic place to eat. We experienced live music and great food. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Julio's Cafe Corona

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and I am always trying something new. This place was recommended to me by a local. It was not a disappointment! The food is original and the atmosphere was classy. It does not seem like your typical Mexican restaurants that Caters to average Americans. Worth the drive for delicious cuisine!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Took my out-of-town guests to Julio's on Joe Battle on July 3, 2014 and I'll regret it forever. The service was so bad that I remained angry for hours and felt I needed to let people know. This restaurant had only one waiter for the section my family was in among 3 to 4 other tables. After the drink order was taken and delivered to the table, Amando took our meal order and goodbye. Others brought the food. Not until near the end of the meal does a young lady come by to check on us. She takes refill orders for one half of our table and forget the other. Not until my wife asks for service do we get it and then it was reluctantly with some bad attitude thrown in. Meals were incomplete and we could not short of a riot get that fixed. Check promptly came with a 15% gratuity included. Their smugness and arrogance took this experience down to terrible.

3  Thank Sergio P
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am a Mexican food fanatic. One meal a day for me is of a Mexican/southwestern influence. It is amazing how many different versions of the fare exist in the American southwest. Just crossing a border between NM, AZ, COLO, and Texas brings a wide variety of different versions and variety. I mention this because it is important to set the stage for the remainder of this review. Hands down, Julio's Cafe Corona is one the better Mexican food dining experiences I have encountered. The food is flavorful, fresh, and made of quality ingredients. The atmosphere is relaxing and not rushed. The food reminds me of that served in the Yucatan and Acapulco. The con queso is not a yellow leaky Velveta type, but made of a quality whole cheese. The nachos in the appetizer plate are REAL original type nachos. The salsa has a slight heat but has a GREAT flavor. I could of drank it by the glass full. Corn chips, corn and flout tortilla are home made. I had the Mexican Short Ribs. WOW!!!!!! I taste buds we satisfied to the point I was drinking the meat drippings. If you are in fear that the food is to spicy, do not fear that at Julio's. It is just right. EAT HERE when in El Paso.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our family had a late lunch here recently. Our waitress (Norma?) was very good. We ordered tacos and several different soups. The tacos were good but the soups were really stellar. Among the four of us we had three different soups and each one was outstanding. My mother-in-law liked hers so much she checked to see if she could purchase soups and have them shipped. She was disappointed to learn that they don't ship.

Been to Julio's Cafe Corona? Share your experiences!