“Barely above average...”

Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

It wasn't terrible but just wasn't good enough...ya know? I wanted a steak a la carte but they did not understand or work with me. I finally just got the beef steak with all the trimmings for $14. I ate the ssteak, which was tough in some places but very flavorful. The other family members seemed to enjoy their meals as well. A bit overpriced for what they have. Very nice clean bathrooms.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ordered one of the "Chef Suggestions" and it was ok. Coffee came back a bit cold. I had high hopes for the pastel de tres leches, but it was mediocre. Mole sauce was a bit better than expected, but flautas were just average.

Over all, an ok / average taste for Mexican food.

Service was good. The waiter brought me samples of the sauces when I asked for suggestions.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Met two friends for dinner. Bar is very cozy with nice atmosphere. So we ate there. Margaritas were individually made modest price and precisely excellent. I had the Julio special enchilada. Mole rich and flavorful with minimum hot. My friends has chimichanga and salpicon both excellent. The check at the end was a bargain
Christian the bartender was also our server and was attentive will keep this as a favorite for El Paseo

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been coming here for years and have never had a bad meal or bad service. One of the best and most consistent restaurants in town IMHO. The flautas are super and the salpicon is always good. The margaritas are never watered down, and the salsa is very unique. I experienced Julio's for the first time in Juarez in the 70's and was very happy when they opened in El Paso. This place should be on your top 5 list of eateries to try. There is an ambience of old world class about the place.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

No complaints, great waitress and fast good service, will be back again! The music was relaxing and the place is very clean!

Been to Julio's Cafe Corona? Share your experiences!