“Very Enjoyable Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Julio's. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, the margaritas were delicious and the food was excellent. I had Mexican short ribs, a specialty, that were incredibly tender and flavorful. The sauce was rich and spicy enough to be interesting but not so much that it overpowered the dish. The accompanying beans were outstanding, as were the freshly made guacamole and pico de gallo. My wife tried the fish Veracruz and she felt it was too heavily sauced, but tasted very good.
The decor is a bit plain and dark. But the room was clean and the atmosphere pleasant. Julio's has been serving El Paso for 25 years, and based upon our visit , will be doing so for years to come. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Ate at the new location off Joe Battle. I dont think you can get bad mexican food in El Paso. This is some of the best mexican food Ive had. Their Mole is the best Ive had at a restaurant. The atmosphere is exceptional... very modern and nice "mood lighting." They also seemed to have a nice area for outdoor seating. One note: seemed to be a little late on the pick up time for food- more than once... also be sure to ask for silverware if you need it.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were visiting my grandkids and family in El Paso, Texas. Before leaving, we wanted to eat and hang out together. My daughter-in-law suggested this place. It was perfect. The food was great, I had the carnitas or called Pork Tips on the menu with corn tortillas which tasted homemade. The other items I saw on the table were: chimichangas, rellenos, tortilla soup, tacos, steamed fish, and after we had desserts which were also yummy. The quality of the food here is definitely memorable and worth repeating. I saw several other large groups like ours so it is a great place to mix and mingle. There was live music where a female singer sang and sounded like a recording artist. It was pleasant and not too loud the way some places can be. This was conveniently located off the 375 interchange so it was easy for us coming and going.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have been going here on just about every trip to the airport for the last 15 years.
The food is consistently good as is the service. Pork tips, enchiladas and the combo plate are our usual favorites but I do not think you could go wrong with any selection. Margaritas are just like they used to be in Juarez with hand squeezed limes. Don't forget you can get the chips and salsa to go.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

One of the best steaks I have ever had. Steak sauce would have ruined it. The atmosphere was fun and the service was top notch. But what really won me over was the ribeye, better than the steakhouses. Excellent .