“WORST ITALIAN food I have ever had!!”
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Ranked #199 of 1,785 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We are from New Mexico and stayed in El Paso for one night. We trusted the reviews on this restaurant and decided to go there. BUT what a BAD experience.

I ordered the scaloppini and my wife ordered veal parmesan. They said that they no longer served veal because people did not like it. So, they replaced the veal with some tough lousy sliced beef.

Both of our meals were TERRIBLE!!!! The scallopini was just about inedible and looked like some soupy brown concoction. My wife's breaded beef parmesan looked like a breaded "steak-um" that was awful.

We did not eat much of this SLOP--so the waiter asked if we wanted to take the left overs home. We did not want to insult the waiter BUT no way, would we take that home. I would not even feed it to me dog.

This restaurant was the worst my wife and I have ever experienced.

STAY AWAY--and DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT TRUST the good reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank traderstevvv

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We entered this restaurant through the back door from the parking lot, passing through the kitchen. We almost left when we saw the piles of dirty dishes and food everywhere. But we decided to give them a chance, having a party of six adults and two small children. We were seated, and after 15 minutes of no server, water, etc., I went and found the manager and asked for service. 10 minutes later a waitress appeared and took pity on us, as we weren't at her table. After our orders were taken, another 20 minutes until food appeared. The food was below average in taste and appearance. Burned garlic bread, some kind of mystery sauce on the clam and pasta dish. Avoid this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Bas-Si10
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I had always wondered why this place is so popular. The place is tiny, filthy, and the holes on the walls make me wonder what kind of vermin come out at night? I'm sorry, but a frozen chicken patty with spaghetti sauce and a slice of cheese does not chicken parmesan make. Curiosity satisfied, but we'll never go again.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Nurse222
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic. Been there for lunch and was there just a while back. The lunch menu is wonderful, tasty and filling. Located on Pershing. Parking is an adventure, but the family atmosphere and food at this long established El Paso eatering is just amazing.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were in EP for a week on business. We ate at IK on the recommendation from a friend (Duck Hunter) who was stationed at Fort Bliss years ago.

The service is excellent, parking can be a challenge unless you know the area, should you not find parking in the front there is a lot in back.

I had the meat ball appetizer, which was excellent, I also had the Egg Plant Parm, also good, I like my EP Crispy and not soggy, my EP was crispy. My fiends seem to enjoy their meals ask well.

I would go back just for the mom and pop feel.

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!