“Not worth the long wait”
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Ranked #199 of 1,779 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2018

We entered this restaurant through the back door from the parking lot, passing through the kitchen. We almost left when we saw the piles of dirty dishes and food everywhere. But we decided to give them a chance, having a party of six adults and two small children. We were seated, and after 15 minutes of no server, water, etc., I went and found the manager and asked for service. 10 minutes later a waitress appeared and took pity on us, as we weren't at her table. After our orders were taken, another 20 minutes until food appeared. The food was below average in taste and appearance. Burned garlic bread, some kind of mystery sauce on the clam and pasta dish. Avoid this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Bas-Si10

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I had always wondered why this place is so popular. The place is tiny, filthy, and the holes on the walls make me wonder what kind of vermin come out at night? I'm sorry, but a frozen chicken patty with spaghetti sauce and a slice of cheese does not chicken parmesan make. Curiosity satisfied, but we'll never go again.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Nurse222
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic. Been there for lunch and was there just a while back. The lunch menu is wonderful, tasty and filling. Located on Pershing. Parking is an adventure, but the family atmosphere and food at this long established El Paso eatering is just amazing.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were in EP for a week on business. We ate at IK on the recommendation from a friend (Duck Hunter) who was stationed at Fort Bliss years ago.

The service is excellent, parking can be a challenge unless you know the area, should you not find parking in the front there is a lot in back.

I had the meat ball appetizer, which was excellent, I also had the Egg Plant Parm, also good, I like my EP Crispy and not soggy, my EP was crispy. My fiends seem to enjoy their meals ask well.

I would go back just for the mom and pop feel.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 10, 2017

This place has been open for many years and managed by the same people. The food is good enough and the service is efficient. The menu probably hasn't changed in 25 years but that's how everyone likes it. In a Mexican food town, any kind of Italian food is welcome. Food is tasty, well-prepared but not fancy. If you go for lunch, go early because it is very popular in the neighborhood. My only complaint is the decor. Come on folks, you pack people in every day and can afford to freshen up the decor. How about replacing the worn wood paneling from the 1960s with a fresh coat of paint or even a mural. If you don't like dark spaces, sit by the windows on the porch.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank langhorn160

Been to Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!