“Luncheon with my mates a pleasant surprise!”

Yvonnes Mexican Grill
Ranked #390 of 1,546 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Mexican
El Paso, Texas
“Luncheon with my mates a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On the penultimate day of school work for the calendar year, I and three of my colleagues met at a new (to us) eatery, Yvonnes Mexican Grill. A little bit difficult to find, but the chicken in the median ensures you're on the right track. You'd never know it from the strip-mall outside, but this place has a huge dining area inside, for good reason. The service, the food, the atmosphere brings in those who know where to have a great Mexican meal. Today's special (a different special offered everyday) were Machitos, which are crispy fried tripe bits. This fresh, healthy, stomach lining of cows was not prepared with chorrizo, disappointing me some, but it was inexpensive a quickly prepared and still quite delicious. Yvonne, the owner came around several times to ensure we were enjoying this fine luncheon, and I know you will, too! I highly recommend this eatery to everyone!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Juanito_Hayburg

El Paso, Texas
“Poisoned at the East Side Location!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My wife and I have been fans of the eastside Marcello's long before he opened the west side El Paso restaurant. But lately the quality of the food and service at the east side location has taken a serious turn for the worse!

This past Monday we had dinner at Marcello's on Lee Trevino. I had the Salsiccia alla Diavola appetizer, and the Penne Quattro Formaggio.

The appetizer didn't have the number of Mediterranean olives as before, but instead consisted mainly of typical canned black pitted olives. Otherwise it tasted OK.

The bread was not the same as what thay used to serve, or what is served at the west side location. They're using what appears to be grocery store purchased "brown and serve" dinner roles, which were disappointing. Also, it seemed like they'd reduced the amount of spices in the butter.

The 4-cheese penne pasta was OK; but something didn't seem right about it. It wasn't the same as what I remembered.

But these relatively minor discrepancies were nothing compared to what happened after I got home! About 30 minutes after we got home, I started feeling discomfort in my stomach. An hour later I was literally running to the bathroom with serious stomach cramps and violent diarrhea! The "gastrointestinal distress" took 3 days to get under control, and it's now Friday and my stomach still hurts! What a huge disappointment...

I will never eat at this location again, and recommend that others keep their distance if they want to stay healthy!