“The best salads in town: period.”
Review of Tosca Stone Oven - CLOSED

Tosca Stone Oven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When you want to eat salad: there's no other place in town, but Tosca. Their salads are not just delicious, but also unique and special.

1  Thank Cesar Z

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This place was decent, with lovely decor, good crowd, and nice service. The pizzas are personal size, and decent for the price, around $8-9 for a 10 inch pizza. I enjoyed the thin crust, which is chewy in the middle and crispy at the edges. Very nice. The oven they bake them in is one of those old fashioned fire ovens. It is very close to the dining area, so you can watch your pizza get put into it and baked. I wish I had, because my pizza came out sorta half baked. It was room temperature, with the cheese barely melted and the toppings warmed enough to start sweating. Needless to say, I sent it back to have them crisp it up a bit, which they happily obliged. This was the spicy 3, with sausage, capicola, and hot cherry peppers, and when it came back out it was super hot and delicious. I will probably go back, but I will be trying some other pizza spots first before I do so.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been here a few times for lunch with friends. We have ordered the pasta dishes and salads, but no pizza as of yet. The restaurant is always clean, with friendly staff and the brick oven is always in plain view. You go to the register and order, you are given a number and then the food is delivered to your table. The dishes range from $6 to $12, which is about standard for lunch. The service is friendly and the food is cooked to order. The gnocchi pasta dish is my favorite, which includes peas and sauteed onion. It also comes with garlic bread. I would continue to go here for lunch or dinner. Definitely a satisfying stop!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Tosca Stone Oven Pizzeria is a confusing place to eat at. It seems that it cannot make up its mind if it wants to be an upper class type restaurant or a Subway type location. The food is pretty good for the most part, however, every time you want to order additional food or drink you have to go the counter, stand in line and re-order. This really kills the mood of a relaxed evening. The place is clean and well lit if that is what you are looking for. With so many pizza choices out there, I would look further.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I had a groupon so we went nuts ordering food and nothing disappointed! He had a Vezzuvio calzone (which was chock-full of cheese, sauce and pepperoni), I ordered the Adonis salad (greens with black & green olives, cucumbers, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce) and we shared a Four Cheese pizza (and added sausage). Top it all off with a slice of turtle cheesecake and rich coffee. I cannot tell you how much we both enjoyed the meal!! The food was amazing, ALL of it! The servers are friendly and it has a nice, cozy atmosphere. My hubby wanted to go back the next day!

There was quite a mixed crowd: families, groups of girlfriends, single diners with laptops (they have wifi) and couples. I'd recommend it for anyone. It was a truly enjoyable experience!