“Too Trendy?”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We've eaten here twice and probably won't return. The offerings are not anything very special, and I had a hard time deciding what to order as nothing really appealed. Our dining companions enjoyed their roast chicken and the pasta was deemed to be good. Bistro appetizers are tasty but somewhat overpriced (Five mini crostinis with a slice of chorizo and a small shrimp priced at ~$3 each..). A bread pudding was very dense and rather flavorless. Service was friendly and competent. The setting is very trendy, mostly black walls and tables, and quite noisy due to the hard surfaces and the proximity of the other tables, making it hard to hear the conversation at the table. (You do have a choice of an exterior glassed-in porch in front that might be more pleasant.) All in all, it was a fairly expensive evening and not special enough to justify that cost; but the place was full, with a younger crowd of diners, and perhaps that is the clientele it seeks.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Every time I have gone to Red Mountain it has been worse than the time before but this time really was the worst. Actually, I will be surprised if this place stays open much longer. My husband ordered bourbon and water. Sounds easy? Didn't happen. I got a bottle of Moscato, just ok. Server was nice but not sure he was "all there"! We ordered appetizers for our table (2). When the bill came we (as a group) were charged for three. My husband and I were charged for the original two and another
couple was charged for the one we didn't order, get or want. I ordered a risotto blah blah blah which was pretty good. My husband had fish and chips. Fish ok, chips...ugh. (Go to Pelican's). Then came the clincher...bills totally screwed up! Give me a break. Every bill had to be corrected. Excuse me, am I going back? Well, I hope not but this is El Paso and we just can't quite get it together. (Don't even think about saying one thing to me about that comment. I've lived here for over 40 years. I know what I'm talking about.) I hope that the "owner" takes time to look at this review and then look at his restaurant and fix something before it's too late. Otherwise it will most assuredly be "adios" Red Mountain.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My daughter and I have gone out to lunch couple of times since the kids went back to school. This was the best place yet. Small intimate and handy in a suburban neighborhood, almost drove past it. Good lunch selection for someone who was really hungry and someone who was not. The tortilla soup was outstanding.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I made reservations here for two for NYE. Usually when you book for a holiday set menu, you get screwed with cold food or small portions. Not here, it was 5 courses and each one was better than the last. All the food was amazing and so were the craft cocktails and wine pairings with each course. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a great meal and romantic atmosphere.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This place was "alive", packed and with live music, but still no wait time to be seated. We went for a light dinner and chose form the appetizer menu and a draft beer. Excellent.