“Victorian Opulance in El Paso”

Sunset Heights Bed & Breakfast Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Paso
Sunset Heights Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 El Paso B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2005

I loved this place--and I normally don't care for B&Bs! The house is a spectacular example of the architecture of its time, and even though the proprietress and her family live somewhere in it, it was so quiet it was like being alone.

My daughter found the matteress in her room too hard, I found mine too soft. We traded rooms, and were both pleased. Her room featured oriental decor, which I found a bit odd in a house of that period, but it featured a wonderful bathroom built on what might have once been the sleeping porch. My room was smaller, but quite cozy.

This B&B is within walking distance of downtown El Paso, the Univ of Texas, and is a great base for exploring the Sunset Heights neighborhood, a fantastic collection of Victorian homes, some gentrified, some not.

The proprietress is very efficient, and upon request, will provide gourmet evening meals at reasonable prices, a convenience given El Paso's non-nightlife. Anyone staying here should take some time to chat with the proprietress's mother, who is a wonderful lady and for whose commentary I would have gladly paid a surcharge.

I'd recommend this place to B&B fans without reservation.

• Stayed: February 2005